2025 Offers

https://x.com/nbafuturenow/status/1786853321346609286?s=46&t=olbhmK8XlLz2WbEIq2auEQ

Shelton Henderson has been playing lights out during the first 2 EYBL sessions

2 Likes

You don’t get it then. What does “what a player has proven” matter to draftability.

Do you know who Peyton Watson is? In case you don’t, I’ll clue you in. He played a frosh season at UCLA and got 12.7 min/gm. He averaged 3.3 pts/gm and 2.9 reb/gm.

Would you agree with those numbers that he hadn’t “proven” anything??? He got drafted in the FIRST round in the 2022 NBA draft. Why? Cuz the draft is about short/long term potential.

As I already said, TA and JoJo will be gone after next year.

Nate

2 Likes

This is absolutely not true.

Some of you think guys have to be the star on the team or put up big numbers
.its simply not true.

What you just said directly contradicts why Jarace was drafted.

I love Sharp as a Coog, but he doesn’t have NBA explosiveness/quickness
yet. Now if his jumper gets EVEN better, that’s another convo regarding his pro prospects

Nate

I kept saying this. Glad you agree, sir

Jarace was not great but was good enough for the cougars. He also has not produced anything in nba yet. It is yet to be seen if he will come close to the expectations that pacers have from him. Time will tell. At some point, the GMs will have to answer to the fans on the draft picks based on potential.

1 Like

It’s all big data and analytics now. You can rest assured that if mistakes are made, they will be found and paid for.
For example Last years NBA Champs had:
Murray - 36 college games played, 7th pick in the draft, 211 minutes played in the finals
Jokic - 0 college games, 41st pick, 206 minutes
Gordon - 38 college games, 4th pick, 178 minutes
Caldwell-Pope - 64 college games, 8th pick, 171 minutes
Porter - 3 college games, 14th pick, 147 minutes
Brown - 52 college games, 42nd pick, 134 minutes
Braun - 101 college games, 21st pick, 82 minutes
Green - 102 college games, 5th pick, 65 minutes

87% of the minutes were played by 5 players that averaged 38 college games before they went pro. Thats not counting Jokic who was international, but 19 years old when drafted. They seem to be knowing what they are doing

4 Likes

Anyone know if we have a chance with Jamier Jones?

He commits this weekend.

I am by no means in the know but I struggle to see someone committing to us without an official or unofficial visit. I don’t know the precedent for that but seems like he should at least come once if he was serious about committing

According to 247, South Carolina is his only “warm”, everyone else is ‘cool”, but no prediction.

Cenac/Clark - Centers
Henderson/Adams - Wings
Green/Flemings - Point guards

Coach will probably bring in 3 blue chip prospects out of those 6 :white_check_mark::writing_hand::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

@chris unlikely.

Sounds like it’s down to Providence, South Carolina & LSU for Jamier Jones

1 Like

I’m wondering what kind of effect this Las Vegas NIL tourney will have on landing 2025 and 2026 recruits.

2 Likes

Can’t hurt

1 Like

I’m not sure about recruiting but I think it’s great for the fans. I hope the Alumni Association schedules a trip.

1 Like

Shelton Henderson

4 Likes

My understanding is we’re Shelton’s #1 choice at this time.

2 Likes

Watch him end up in Austin. :roll_eyes:

I dont know
 That extra 1 million NIL money is going to go far for UH!!!

3 Likes

Koa Peat

6 Likes