2025 Offers

If you had to guess, what do you think the ratio of
Freshman/Portal will be in 25’?

And since it’s offseason let me add this hypothetical caveat to it….if we were to win the NC do you think that would have an effect on that ratio? ( leaning to more incoming freshman in that situation).

And in this hypothetical we can’t assume that coach walks away after winning it all.

Depends whos leaving after UH wins the chip… But lets say 8-9 players… Probably won’t filled all 13 spots unless coach brings a project/redshirt worth investing on.

Maybe 3 blue chip recruits & 4 transfers.

7 newcomers w/possibly Mercy, Chase, Jacob, Tugler & Lath ?!?

I think Ramon forgo his last year of eligibility.

1 Like

I think he’ll leave after 2025-26 season imo if UH wins it all after this season.

Just a gut feeling since his son is the coach in waiting… I think he wants to recruit this special Greater Houston area in '25 so his son can get a head start and maybe get good veteran coach next to help guide Kellen early on.

2 Likes

Too many hypotheticals for me to put brain waves towards. That’s a Pesik-thing. I’ll repeat what I typed recently. J’Wan, LJ, Francis, Mylik, Ramon are open ships after next season. I anticipate that TA and JoJo will be gone after next year. Uzan is anybody’s guess but he was on the NBA radar before his SOPH year started, based on what he showed as a FROSH. The staff is after the creme de la creme of 2025 prospects(2026 also). Isaiah Harwell is UH/Gonzaga. The staff hasn’t even offered 20 prospects nationally. That’s where we are as a program. That’s Duke/Kentucky stratosphere there… So no idea about ratios cuz the portal has made recruiting too fluid. The only constant is our culture and almost all of our kids stay the course.

To address PROGS, I was told that the staff prefers Cenac over Clark(I don’t know if that is why Clark could be a UT lean).

Nate

2 Likes

He may not have played the entire season but I remember him playing. Maybe on the freshman team…,

i think he’s still growing and will end up at center!!! I’m all for it. Good thing LSU has been average to bad for a while now and hasn’t develop any players to the NBA in a hot minute Nate Dawg :white_check_mark:

I know his coach is LSU legend Randy Livingston, and his son plays for him too!

Rumor has it he may transfer to Montverde Academy #1 HS hoops factory!!!
@bjjackson1988 Here he is working on his wing skills…

2 Likes

Yeah. Randy and his son were at the Kansas game.

Nate

Why do you think they’re gone next year? Just curious. JoJo has a chance to be starter. Not sure about TA.

I’m sure other teams will be after them next year, just like many of our current players were sought after by other schools this year. Hopefully we offer a significant NIL to keep them onboard. Are you thinking JoJo declares for the draft?

Both of these kids have great potential, especially JoJo. If TA can develop his outside shot, he has a chance to be a good one.

Optimistically, they’re so good they both get drafted

1 Like

Jojo and TA will both get drafted imo.

1 Like

Why do I think they’ll be gone.

Both coming off major injuries.
They’ll both weigh coming back to UH vs declaring for the draft. If they come back and get hurt again they can kiss a big pay-day goodbye.

why even talk like that Nancy

1 Like

JoJo would’ve declared and got evaluated if not for the foot injury. TA’s camp was anticipating him being one and done. Both of them show an outside shot, they’re gone. Worst case, they’ll be declaring anyway after next season.

JoJo shooting that 3-pt shot vs. ISU was proof enough.

Nate

1 Like

TA hasn’t proven a thing.

Jojo has proven more, but I think he’ll be here at least through his junior year. He can be a star.

I think Sharp has shown a lot and will get an even longer leash next season, so I think he’ll enter the start after his junior year.

2 Likes

If JoJo is here as a junior, his sophomore season didn’t go to plan.

He wanted to test the draft process this year before getting foot surgery.

He’s a freak. And I mean that in the nicest possible way. Those guys don’t just stick around in college.

5 Likes

Yeah Jojo and TA included on the potential turnover and for the first time we were heading about assistants being offered. Everything was kind of giving off “Last Dance” vibes for next session.

Frankly if Jamal had returned we might as well have gotten a documentary crew together for that exact premise.

2 Likes

Yeah I got a feeling next year could be Sampson’s swan song we will see

1 Like

UofH is all in for next year. #LFG

2 Likes

I agree that TA has yet to evolve. NBA GMs have too much talent to chose from between international and domestic channels. So, potential without proof will not get you anywhere.

4 Likes