2025 Offers

What’s wrong with the name “Seven?”

2 Likes

No insider but it does seem that this kid isn’t not coming here based on the article it seems like we’re just not the priority especially with no visit on the horizon. But again when it comes to these things I’m Jon Snow, I know nothing.

1 Like

Sounds unlikely that he would commit here in like 2 weeks after not even having an unofficial visit. He didn’t even really have a lot complimentary to say other than we are pushing hard for him :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sometimes these recruits use our program for clout. Why wouldnt they… UH has been a winning program for a decade. I’m sure the coaching staff reached out once like last year but theyve moved on cus they dont feel legit mutual interest or he wouldnt fit here style wise!!!

Sebastian Williams Adams feels the same way. Great player/prospect but he hasnt really been attached to UH in some time.

4 Likes

Jamier said his top team is Houston unless Kentucky offers but that was before Cal left.

4 Likes

We were the first school to offer Jamier Jones which might matter.

Chris McDermott from Booker T. Washington, the top kid in Houston this year, finally committed (Texas A&M).

3 Likes

I was told he wasn’t good enough for UH by @Coog1992 :eyes:

1 Like

:wink: @MRCoog

First off, hes a 2024 recruit. Meaning he’d be on next years team

Next yrs roster: Mercy Miller, Chase Mccarty. Those guys are ranked higher/are better & may not play much. So McDermott would be a redshirt guy

Second: with basketball, only (13) scholarships. So would you rather invest/develop in McDermott. Or just take one of these guys from the 2025 class?

McDermott good player, but when you have the transfer portal & 2025 class, is it worth it?

https://247sports.com/player/chris-mcdermott-46128414/

5 Likes

As a Booker T alum, I’ve watched him aplenty. Doesn’t have the motor that CKS requires. Much of it to do with BTW’s full court pressure, loosy goosey style of play. And despite the style of play, he could’ve still chosen to play 100% all the time. These coaches are watching…

Chris would’ve come here had we offered. He loved UH. UH coaches LIKED McDermott…didn’t LOVE him. His words.

Nate

4 Likes

Hey @bjjackson1988 sounds like @Coog1992 is finally agreeing with me with the same 3 recruits i have mentioned here for the last 8 to 10 months lol.

I’m glad he sees my vision minus Peat. But crazier things have happened!!!

If coach can’t land Clark, Cernac is a nice backup plan!!!

If coach can’t land Flemings, Green is a nice backup plan!!!

When i say backup it just means coach will have to recruit outside the state because they’re all elite level prospects.

Shelton Henderson seems like a sure bet right now :star::star::star::star::star:

He is a fine young man and has so much potential. Despite going to Agy I wish him well against everyone but us!

1 Like

By the way, when I think about BT Washington my mind goes to Foster to Cain and of course a guy named Leonard Mitchell!

Mitchell was a star football player but played on the basketball team as an enforcer. 6’7", 290 lbs. First round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles.

4 Likes

I wish there was video of Mitchell fouling and crushing Notre Dame great Kelly Tripucka.

4 Likes

We had some football brutes play for Coach Lewis…Grant, Riley Odoms and Mitchell.
Odoms was one of the best athletes to ever wear a UH uniform

5 Likes

I never knew Odoms played basketball.

Yeah he played one year. He was all state in football, basketball, baseball and track at West Oso.
He was the best tight end to ever play here although Carl Hilton was to slouch!
Btw Earl Thomas was the backup to Riley and he was drafted and had a solid NFL career

2 Likes

I attended UH during the Riley Odoms era and do not remember him playing Basketball.

Do remember Leonard Mitchell playing Basketball.

1 Like

Just looked up our Basketball rosters for 1969-70 and 1970-71. That was when Riley Odoms was a Junior and a Senior.

No Riley Odoms. :basketball: