2023 Transfer Portal

It’s all about picking what you want.

For me, I want the guy we are linked to. And it’s not really close.

Also. Saw it mentioned earlier. J’Wan is not coming off of the bench.

1 Like

I did some digging on CKS rosters throughout the years and I just don’t think he feels having 6’10+ bigs are vital. He has had a few that were better than spot scoring and backup mins but overall he tends to lean on 6’7-6’9 bigs.

J’Wan introduced his baby hook this year. Good start. He needs to perfect that with both hands. He is left hand dominate.

Yup. This is where I think he needs to be spending his time in the gym.

And then he can move his game out.

Is this big man already in the portal?

Sampson often brags that he can win with smaller biggers… often jokes that those who say you need a big post are just saying that becuase they dont know how

my counter to that is all becuase we can win with less doesnt mean you have too… carlton and harris have show big centers work in his system… and neither were that touted or notable… imagine having an actually touted 6’10 player…

9 Likes

Agree. We just saw UConn had 2 mediocre games offensively in the F4 and still sleepwalk to the natty

Although most B12 teams don’t have bigs, it will definitely matter in the tournament

2 Likes

If we land the 2 names that are still on my board, we’ll be the best offensive team in the country next season. IMO.

Rebounding will go down some. Unless Dunn can get in there and be our rebounding guard.

Won’t speak on defense. I trust Sampson there to say we ever take a step back.

I’ve been saying it all offseason. Samp saw Miami put up 89 on us. He is absolutely prioritizing putting the ball in the hoop this offseason.

7 Likes

@pesik he cares alot about offensive rebounding

But smaller guys, sometimes aren’t given the benefit of the doubt when going for rebounds

I saw Jwan get called for several over the back/loose ball fouls on offensive rebound attempts

Were they? Idk. But since your undersized your relying on the refs to allow you to be physical on the glass

UCONN, for example, controlled the glass, cause they were physical but also had legit size

1 Like

I know he is project, but I’m hoping Ced can be the 3rd big and provide depth like the old rotation of Brady/Gresham/Harris

You’re killing me Jo. Who are the names on your board. Are the guys you have in mind at the 4 or at the Guard spots?

2 guys on your board. Youre predicting 2 guys leave. That looks like Mylik and Ramon…

Also Coach saw them put 89 but they didn’t make the final. UConn had a presence in that regard.

Sanogo is a name you can watch with Clingan coming back.

But I seriously doubt we would ever get into a bidding war for him.

Just not the way we do things.

1 Like

A future opponent

2 Likes

Nembhard to Arizona looks like a done deal

Stute and who else?

1 Like

These are the last champions. I think they all have size unless UH becomes the GS Warriors on CB… I trust coach. UH still has size but they’re young & inexperience!

I completely agree with this. With the patterns we’ve seen with coach’s recruiting in the portal, it’s “almost” always someone he’s seen up close and has confidence in or a Houston kid he previously recruited. And then there’s that affinity towards NC kids as well :sweat_smile:. Of the kids that aren’t in the portal yet, I’d kill for a player like Brandon Johnson from ECU. Sophomore 4 that can score and rebound, but not sure if the allure of playing in the Big XII is enough to uproot him from home in NC.

Is it someone like Brandon that we’re going after? That would be the kind of player that I believe would fit in nicely.

Are the two names in the portal already or coming out soon?

So it’s not Julian Phillips…thought his name was mentioned :thinking::thinking::thinking: