10 Big and Bold 2019 CFB Predictions

#10. Houston Beats Oklahoma on Opening Weekend

No one’s really been able to figure out Lincoln Riley ‘s offense in Norman the last two seasons. Alabama jumped out to an early lead before the Sooners stormed back in last year’s Orange Bowl, but besides that, only Texas’ offensive outburst in the Red River Rivalry was able to knock them off.

That is, until new head coach Dana Holgorsen and the Houston Cougars come to town.

Holgorsen, who previously coached at West Virginia and nearly beat Oklahoma last season, loads up Houston’s aerial attack on the arm of senior quarterback D’Eriq King. The Sooners will be caught in transition on offense and their defense will unravel when Houston steals a win on opening weekend in Norman.

Major caveat: Don’t particularly care for their #1 Prediction.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing, and I completely agree with your sentiments. Sweet baby Jesus we would never hear the end of it from all their t-shirt fans.

6 Likes

I also think a healthy King and a vaunted Holgorsen offense knocks off Oklahoma in norman. Good times ahead folks

3 Likes

They lost all credibility with that number one pick
Now our nice ou win prediction is tarnished

2 Likes

I think being the first game of the season is the only chance we realistically have. Catch them not up to speed yet. Still, it’s going to be a tall order no matter what to beat them.

4 Likes

Please don’t do this. Dana is a good coach but just stop. We’re gonna take some licks in 2019 that’s just where our program is. Now go watch the hoops team.

5 Likes

#10 is really cool to imagine.

#1 haha. I’m pretty confident that we won’t have to suffer that one.

2 Likes

The likelihood is in the horns favor because of the UGa win …

the excuse is being made that the dawgs just didn’t care having been ignored from the playoffs BUT they did wake up and fought back in the fourth qtr … but too little and too late …

However there are the obvious roadblocks …

The horns will be thin at QB … Ehlinger will HAVE TO STAY injury free … the reserve QBs (what’s left of them) are talented but inexperienced and lightweight … lbs-wise … and I stated earlier one of Bevo’s relative will have to be BBQ’d to fatten them up

The horns face LSU in Austin OU in Dallas and IowaSt in Ames … if they get by them then they will be in the playoffs. NEITHER of the three is going to roll over and say … Me Next … the key game could be the IowaSt game … IN AMES …

OU may be in transition when we play them but they won’t be by the Red River shootout … hopefully …

My eye twitched at #1.

8 Likes

I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I scrolled and unveiled #1. Then I had to giggle.

4 Likes

Funny part was the line about how Texas should have won the games they lost last year. You mean, Tom Herman lost games he should have won? No way.

7 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking before I read your post. If the Shorts even sniff the playoffs next year, I will run naked down Westheimer. It wouldn’t be pretty!!!

3 Likes

The Horns are better than most of us are willing to admit. Tom Herman has turned that program around.

Turnaround Tom making a name for himself. Glad UH was there to train him.

1 Like

I mean, sure, they were in the doldrums for about 10yrs so yeah

I agree with 80% of these predictions.

#4 “Besides that, Army can easily run the table the entire season and be ranked high enough to earn a coveted New Year’s Six bowl game.”

Army gets an at large bid? I dont believe it. Even if undefeated, maybe they barely crack the top 10. Do you think they get an at large over (using 2018 pre bowl rankings) a 2 loss #7 Michigan? He must think Army is eligible for the G5 spot just because they aren’t P5

2 Likes

I know my though process is tainted by hate, but what does is mean that texas is “back”? Does it mean better than they were, good enough to win the big 12, or better than Clemson and Alabama? I don’t think they’re quite ready to be a playoff team. That said, they may get in, even if they don’t necessarily deserve it.

I think the game will end up being a shootout and I dont believe we’d have a hard time moving the ball on them. If i were to pick today Id say OU 48-38.

If Army runs the table, they’d have to win at Michigan (I know you were just using them as an example). I don’t see them beating the Wolverines in Ann Arbor. Other than that, their schedule is pretty easy until they get to Hawaii. Is that a NY6 schedule? Considering that they don’t get an auto-bid, they’d have to finish in the top 10 to have a shot and without beating Michigan, I don’t see it happening.

Army is the new UCF.

1 Like