Who is the new QB going to be?

You need a backup for mop-up duty and in case Tune gets hurt before his 4 games are up. I think it makes more sense for Holgersen’s redshirt to be burned and let him play the rest of the games after Tune’s 4. He can redshirt next year with King (hopefully) and Tune back. Plus, it gets him valuable reps and an opportunity to see what he has.

1 Like

And then theres still Ogbogu, Bryson and Williams after those 8 ganes are played or if someone gets hurt

Since we are all speculating, here is how I think it went down….

Coach: Hey player wanted to talk to you about something I was thinking.

Player: what’s up coach

Coach: You know we are red shirting a lot of really good football players this year. I know you are a senior and a team leader, so I wanted to talk to you about this. What do you think about playing the first four games and then red shirting?

Player: Naw coach, I want to go to next level after this year.

Coach: I understand that. Well will talk again.

–4 games later against a brutal schedule in 18 days.

Player (in his mind): You know what coach said makes a lot of since. I will talk to my dad about it and see what he thinks.

Dad: hell naw, if you shirt than you are transferring.

Player: settle down dad and let me talk with coach.

–coach and player talk and decide to red-shirt.

Coach: we will shirt you and talk again. I want the best for you and your career, so when the time comes let’s talk again.

Player: Ok great coach and thanks for looking out for me.

3 Likes

You’re a good Coog bud, I enjoy your perspective. Keep posting what you think. It’s all good.

2 Likes

Few run like King, that’s for sure. Tune is 4 inches taller so his vision at least ought to be better if not his reads. Does anyone know what offense he ran at Hebron?

I’m thinking we pound the rock to start to let him get the feel of game speed then quick slants for starters and go from there. I wouldn’t start with those WR screens, you miss on those and it could be six the other way.

1 Like

What is wrong with you guys? You are behaving like four years old.

Sorry grandpa. Should I get off your lawn?

2 Likes

Mike, do you still feel the same way after you heard DK’s comments at the press conference? I got the clear impression that Dana called them in to talk about options. Did I misunderstand? D’Erick made it very clear it’s his intention to finish his college career at UH. He’s given his all for this team and school. I guess I need to go back and listen to all 3 interviews. Coach made it very clear that he’s been very straightforward about redshirting options.

We are dressed in our best and are prepared to go down as gentlemen. However we would like a brandy.

2 Likes

True barometer of a Tune is not the Army game, but the Memphis game first half. I think he played well. We couldn’t keep up in the second half and the entire army game due to injuries. I think we are still going to contend with the west. The season starts this weekend and we are going to beat North Texas. Go Coogs!!!

1 Like

Tune starting the first 4 games and then Holgi Jr starting the last 4 sounds pretty interesting. They would still be able to redshirt. Kind of like audition on who could take over after King :crown:

Because I have thrown out any expectations for this now Im even more intrigued to watch them play and develop every week!

1 Like

Didn’t Hogi Jr play a few snaps vs PV?

Shoo-- I didn’t see the 2nd half

That’s what I’ve been saying/thinking but coach said in the presser today he is not thinking that way but still wants to redshirt Tune. So probably Tune finishes out this year and redshirts next.

I think Tune is a gamer. What I saw from him last year taking over after D’Eriq’s injury was a player who can sling the ball and seems to be the type of player that can flourish in the AirRaid system. I’m excited for the kid.

So, as I stated elsewhere: Tune will throw for 500 yards. I’m calling it.

Five. Hundred.

1 Like

I usually love a bowl of polly weed and a first class seat on the poly train. But this season is over. The defense quit last Thursday. The starting quarterback also quit, then didn’t, but will again in January. During September we learned too that there was a reason no one begged CDH to stay in WVU and that Tillman is still 0’fer hiring football coaches. We are officially a punch line thanks to the meddling of a billionaire with too much time on his hands. They both (CDH and Tillman) did the impossible and that is to make Major Applewhite seem moderately competent head football coach by comparison. Somewhere, Major Applewhite has giggled himself stupid, wet his pants and ended up in a coughing fit from laughing so hard. This is the type of nonsense that ends programs. I mean seriously, what right minded coach redshirts seniors? And while I’m at it, do our season tickets and fees paid also get a do-over? I mean we’re four games in and it is not going great. So just carry all my expenses over to 2020, mmm 'kay?

2 Likes

CDH inherited an impossible situation from Apple…FAR far worse than most of you seem to grasp…Whining about our failures this year is STUPID because CDH and staff have brought in top talent for next year and used the redshirt rule to help even more…We will win, and win big next year…Thats the goal, thats the point…this is a long term situation…ENOUGH whining about this year…

4 Likes

Northern, when CDH turns this around and brings us the AAC championship and NY6 win, will you be basking in the glory or will you still be running him and Pez down? :unamused:

5 Likes

:astonished::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes