Which Coogs are coming back?

Didn’t worry about that. The team that drafts him has exclusive rights for a year

My uneducated guess is that Shead is leaving if he has a decent chance of going in the first round, otherwise he may stay (NIL will tempt him).

You don’t actually worry about that, do you?

1 Like

Yesterday would have been the spotlight for Dedon Thomas if he had chosen UH. He would come in for the hurt shead on National TV vs. Duke and might have let us to the promised land. Instead, he chose UNLV and is watching the games at home. We choose our own path in this world.

7 Likes

Marks quit on the team. He is at home watching the tournament.

1 Like

Mischaracterization of Mark. Mark never quit on the team. Mark disagreed with the role he was expected to play the next season and transferred after the season. Compare that to Caleb Mills, who quit mid-season.

2 Likes

Can LJ be groomed to be the next PG? The answer to this question is the answer to him coming back. Nobody will be the next Shead but can he be good enough to be impactful as a PG.

1 Like

I forgot some guys coming back, I am coming back as well as a ton other season ticket holders. Isn’t it great to have reached a spot where we sell out our games? I remember the time when there were a couple of hundred fans at the games in the Hof.

5 Likes

Shead is better than both

Im not a Tramon hater. Honestly. My thoughts on his game:

Tramon was a ball stopper. Who wanted a starting role. Which he deserved.

No way was he coming off the bench this yr.

Shead with two 3pt shooters (Cryer & Sharp) was the right move this yr. And ideal, going forward.

You need all 3 of your guards to shoot the 3pt. And Mark was a below average 3pt shooter

1 Like

Not sure about wilson but walker’s role has been less than expected at UH and you wonder does he want to end his career as a role player or someone may take a shot at him and he can end on a higher note in the right situation

That’s the decision they have to make -

Just for context Mark actually shot the 3 as well as Sharp did this year (both 36%) which only would have trailed LJ. Shead was our worst outside shooter but we all know that’s not what makes his game special. Shot about 30 percent from deep throughout his UH career.

This really isn’t my “claim.” I also previously thought there was a roster limit, but the facts say otherwise, and I haven’t found any actual primary NCAA sources that support it. There are some ongoing proposals to limit roster size, but they haven’t come to fruition. In fact, if you read the text of No. 4 in the following document, it notes that the AVERAGE five year men’s basketball roster size is 15.8, which would obviously be impossible with a limit of 15. https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/committees/d1/mbboversigh/June2022D1MBOC_June14Report.pdf

I posted the link to CU’s actual roster, not some search engine results. When this was discussed a few weeks ago, we found several other teams with rosters of 15+.

As others have noted, Sampson hasn’t favored this approach because it makes player development overly difficult.

I used to care more more about UH Baseball than UH Basketball. That’s how bad basketball was when I was at UH.

1 Like

One verified @Pollardsvision fanclub member. I guess anything is possible these days

I think it’s less about missing Tramon and more about Dunn didn’t perform his best, I was high on Dunn and I know he could have played better but he still gave us max effort and did not complain once when he didn’t play much. I will always respect him for that.

https://x.com/ac__hoops/status/1591253197745946624?s=46&t=vr92CENP84_1akCtfW3ehQ
If we would have got this Dunn I think would have still be dancing even with Jamal’s injury

5 Likes

Honestly looking at last years Dunn idk where his game went. He was so smooth and aggressive, always played decisively. I can’t remember if Dunn ever blew by someone like that and went up strong this year. Make it miss it was the aggression.

2 Likes

One further. Where’d this guy go?

2 Likes

Maybe level of competition. Big 12 is the best basketball conference and the intensity is second to none. Athleticism and size really caught my eye.

1 Like

I think it was the role. He just didn’t fit into being a bench guy that wasn’t the first option.

It just doesn’t work. Kelvin has been crazy good at bringing guys in the portal. He just missed on Dunn. It happens.

1 Like