Which college football team is most popular in your area?

“Houston’s own Cougars turn the city into a red zone, but there’s still room for Aggies and Longhorn fans.”

“Houston, the nation’s fourth-largest city, is an interesting study in fandom. The University of Houston has most of the ticket sales and those numbers could increase in the coming years with the Cougars moving to the Big 12 and playing more regional rivals instead of conference opponents from other time zones”

7 Likes

Looks like an interesting article and interactive map but it’s paywalled and I refuse to give the Moronicle any of my money.

2 Likes

It’s probably just another Texas and Aggie slanted hit piece, it won’t make us look good

3 Likes

Val Verde County is now my favorite county in West Texas.

13 Likes

Sad to see my hometown in s TX is Horn dominated. BUT, south Padre Island is Coog!! Outstanding!!!

3 Likes

It is actually pretty favorable to us from the the zip codes I checked.

6 Likes

It actually shows Houston as red out for Houston. When we’re winning or in a big time conf. , we dominate the Houston area.

4 Likes

+1 for coming up with an insult for the Comical that I hadn’t heard yet.

8 Likes

We’re just getting started and sold 20k season tickets and tech is at 27k we’re in the ball park and it only gets better. We’re gonna sell out the stadium and have most of Houston watching us in the big 12. It’s gonna be different from the old swc days. We actually averaged good attn with many games not playing UT or A$M since being g5. It’s gonna up for us.This is a different UH we’re all about to see. Recruiting is picking up , we just had that UT 4 star transfer here.

We’re gonna sell out or close soon and that stadium will be rocking. You only need 35k or 40k in our stadium to make it intimidating. A friend of ours son when to the Louisville game around 2016 and it was electric.

He was a huge UT fan then decided to go to UH afterwards and is a huge supporter of us now.

5 Likes

If you type in your zip code quickly and refresh the page, you can see the results in your area before the paywall message pops up! Take that, Comical! My area (77532) is 30.6% Ags, 25.6% COOGS, and 17.4% Rice Owls.

2 Likes

This is a handy thing for when people talk about how “Nobody in Houston cares about UH” or that we’re the third or fourth favorite college team in the city.

5 Likes

Next time somebody tells you no one in Bleiblerville cares about UH….

Think this is all Justin?

8 Likes

When we officially join the big12 in 2023,we’re gonna dominate the Houston area.

3 Likes

:wave: from crosby as well

1 Like

As you get farther northwest the Aggies supplant the Coogs but the Longhorns are a distant 4th

And three hearty Coog cheers for Comstock in the Bend.

2 Likes

If anyone lives in Pittsburgh the answer to that question would be West Virginia. :wink:

1 Like