Week 8 CFB TV Ratings

We pulled in the 6th largest audience of week 8. Is this higher/lower than what y’all expected?

3 Likes

Higher than I thought but of course it’s cause we played UT, our other tv rankings have been putrid this year

1 Like

It’s really good Imo. KU was ranked and recently beat the horns. To be in the ballpark as a .500 team is good

Wk 5 KU/TX game was on ABC instead of Fox and did 1.8 rating with 3.3M viewers.

Wk 4 BU/TX also on ABC did 1.4 rating with 2.6M viewers.

Last time we will get this many viewers for awhile.
Losing OU- tu really hurts for that reason.

It’s really just the horns. OU vs anyone beside the horns has posted pedestrian ratings.

1 Like

If that’s the case then I wonder why UT had them tag along in the move. Their biggest rival? Or does OU pull its weight?

Considering the PAC didn’t want OU it surprises me that UT took them to the SEC with them.

They’re way better than Missouri which went with A&M.

Wow, UNT vs Tulane only got 112k viewers at the same time as our game. We were up against Bama vs UT.

Finally getting to see real coverage of our football team is awesome. I don’t care how many people watched, I’m just happy to turn on the tv and see us on national TV

4 Likes

Next AAC tv contract will be next to nothing. Back to back ESPN 2 games with around 100k average. The Sun Belt destroyed them on Thursday night too.

Ok, minimum 3M people saw us got robbed.

8 Likes

Don’t forget the people that pirate the games lol

6 Likes

Not too shabby in the timeslot:

3:30pm CBS - Tenn vs Bama - 4.2 Rtg - 8.01M
4:00pm Fox - UT vs UH - 1.6 Rtg 3.08M
3:30pm ABC - Wash St vs Oregon - 1.4 Rtg 2.35M
3:30pm NBC - Minn vs Iowa - .09 Rtg 1.68M
3:30pm ESPN - Ok St vs WVU - .6 Rtg 1.01M
3:30pm FS1 - Wisconsin vs Illinois - .37 Rtg 684k
3:30pm B10 - Northwestern vs Nebraska - .27 Rtg 560k
3:30pm ESPN2 - North Texas vs Tulane - .06 Rtg 112k
4:00pm ESPNU - Toledo vs Miami (oh) - .02 Rtg 46k

3 Likes

Not missing playing Tulane on ESPN 2

3 Likes

They had more viewers than Memphis v UAB lol

It’s about matchups, UT/ UH will draw eyeballs. Always has always will if we play. But Bevo doesn’t want to play in the sandbox with us.

More important to me than this is economic impact to Harris County, TX when there is big time sold out college football. You put that narrative out there that a consistent B12 winner will be Texans Jr. on the economy for 6 Saturdays a year.

You get that narrative to the politicians, they go to the schools, and omg look mom, great local recruits!

Playing LSU, Ole Miss or Arkansas might draw more dollars for the local economy than many UT fans who already live in greater Houston.

4 Likes

The big question. . . Is a 1.6 rating enough to get the “TV Guys” to force this match up to happen again?

I’ll admit . . . I’ve got an unscratched itch to extract some revenge!

2 Likes

I doubt that is a big enough rating. Also, horns will never voluntarily play us again. They would demand it be played in Austin or at NRG anyway. Plus they are scared. Time to let it go and move on

1 Like

:joy: :laughing: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
8 wins in a row and they are scared