Volleyball team rocks

Man, if we lost that set after the missed illegal throw I’d have burned it all down.

1 Like

Time to watch basketball!!

Been 1st to 15 in 3 of 4 sets. Need just one more!

2 Likes

Let’s goooooo!

Let’s goooooo

15-8 Coogs! Once again a fifth set win. Gutsy!

3 Likes

Sweet 16!!!

5 Likes

Awesome!!!

3 Likes

Just like football!

Congrats on all the hard work. We’ve come a long way from that ridiculous court in the athletics center!

2 Likes

How Sweeeet it its!!!

Hoping for a miracle and la st beats Stanford then we beat la st again! Stanford 25-11, 25-15 but if anyone can come back, it’s la st! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

What a great run by this Coog team. I’m proud of you ladies!

6 Likes

The Coogs are the only team to advance to a regional that weren’t a 1-4 seed. No big upsets going by the RPI’s. The #18 Coogs & #19 Penn St. are the only teams not in the top 16 to make it to the sweet 16.

8 Likes

Couldn’t be prouder of this bunch and thinking this run is going to carry over to Big 12 play

1 Like

30-win seasons don’t come often. Congrats to the Lady Coogs on a great year already!

8 Likes

Nice article about Coach Rehr and Kellen Morin.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting. Good to see UH volleyball getting some press. Now we need Chris Baldwin’s gracious pen to take note of the volleyballers.

The match against Auburn was really some match to win, imho. After Auburn managed to erase two set points and come back from an earlier 6 point deficit in set 1, then later take a 2-1 set advantage I, again, underestimated the team and resigned myself to a loss. However, the last two sets the Coogs left little doubt.

Another poster noted that UH is the only remaining team in the field who is not a top seed, so I have no idea what the future prospects are. But being pleasantly surprised is hardly out of the realm of imagination.

3 Likes

UH Cinderella story for Coog Volleyball. Too bad volleyball is not a more media focused sport because it be a much biggers story not just covered within by UH heavily.

1 Like

I gladly confess I was one of those who had no clue about college volleyball in general and UH volleyball more specifically. I guess I should thank ESPN+ because I subscribed last fall to watch UH Basketball. I happened to see a game and became intrigued. I followed the team enough last year to become even more interested - because it seemed to me that the team deserved a berth in the dance, but, stop me if you have heard this one, they seemed to run afoul of the pro- P5 bias.

So, I began following more closely this year - and soon had my grandkids cheering along with me. I can report the sport is very enjoyable to watch. I still don’t understand a great deal about the game, but the UH volleyball team is very easy for whom to cheer. Last night we were literally on the edge of our chairs and celebrated gleefully.

9 Likes

Same until poster mentions it on the football board so I started checking in on the this portion of Coogfans more often.

2 Likes