UH 2025 Recruiting

We can potentially catch SMU’s endowment. They aren’t out of reach like the others.

UH, SMU, Tech, TCU, and Baylor all in the $1-2B range (only UH and Tech are public).

The top 3 are - UT ($45B), A&M ($20B), and Rice ($8B).

4 Likes

Well difference with SMU is that they get so much from their alum that can direct it however they please. That’s why they’re killing it in recruiting.

1 Like

How much are they putting to drugs?

1 Like

Top Ten law school overall is a stretch.

That’s literally IVY LEAGUE level territory.

Even UT law isn’t Top Ten.

That said, our law school does have a few Top Ten specialty programs:

Intellectual Property: #8

Health Law: #7

Part-Time: #8

And two others that are close:

Trial Advocacy: #13

Legal Writing: #16

This is based on the latest April 2024 USNEWS rankings.

10 Likes

Woah woah, I didn’t bring up Top 10 nationally. All I mean is to be maybe Top 3 just in our state in a few programs. Worrying about national ranking is a waste of time for us right now. Gotta compete in our state first. Texas is a big state with a lot of people.

We are already Top 3 or 4.

UT is clear #1.

aTm, UH, and Baylor battle it out for the next three slots.

6 Likes

Nice informative post Law !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

By what criteria? Looking at high ROI grad schools, like Business, Law, Medical, maybe Engineering.

I was referring solely to law schools.

And that’s based on USNEWS rankings. There is a clear best law school in TX (UT). Year to year, the next four vary, but they are always one of UH, aTm, Baylor, and SMU, not necessarily in that order.

Often UH is in the Top Four.

3 Likes

Any updates on recruiting?

6 Likes

I think it’s pretty much shut down for awhile. The staff is going to be looking for breakout wide receivers and running backs in the fall. Probably not going to sign many more.

5 Likes

We’re at 17 HS commits already. Makes sense. Probably just bring in a few later on at most with TP coming on a later date.

Fritz has said his goal is to recruit 20-25 high schoolers each year and then use the TP to fill targeted needs. So yah we’re probably only looking at another handful of HS recruits.

Baylor is cleaning up HS players. But, I trust Fritz’s strategy.

Get a couple more developmental HS players and got the portal to fill the gaps.

2 Likes

Baylor is doing well with a coach on the hot seat. This season will determine whether they keep em

1 Like

In today’s college football, every player can be a free agent if they want to be. The door is not shut if a player UH wants to sign signs with another school, because there is always next year. The downside is it works both ways.

2 Likes

AC felt disrespected according to his IG story on being ranked 8th in Texas for QB. This is wildly disrespectful considering espn has him at the 8th best dual threat in the nation.

5 Likes

Many of the kids who opt to Baylor have ties with the school. I know three from Ridge Point who had dads who played at Baylor

3 Likes

(4) Joseph Duarte on X: “Houston coach Willie Fritz says he recruited a 300-mile radius for his first recruiting class with Cougars.” / X

7 Likes

Screenshot_22-7-2024_173128_www.calcmaps.com

10 Likes