Transfer Portal news 4.0

Francis, or not… We’re gonna run next season!

Despite his perceived lack of strength, I’m very high on McFarland. He had offers from half the PAC-12 and a tough-nosed Providence program. He was the #10 center in his high school class. I really think he will get some minutes because of the length he brings.

2 Likes

We can’t sit all the freshman. I think Tugler and one of McFarland or Lath will play a bit. Maybe not much but I don’t see how these guys sit if Francis gets in foul trouble. Remember, Chaney is gone, so someone has to fill those minutes.

If we’re just talking about team needs I’m more concerned with the backup 4 spot. That’s why I’d love to see the staff go after Kaluma or Grant, who can play the 4 or 5. I just think it’s risky given we haven’t seen TA prove himself on the court. Hopefully he makes a big leap this year.

The back up four spot belongs to Tugler atm, correct? What’s the outlook on him? I was under the impression that he’d be an impact guy from day 1.

3 Likes

yes, tugler is the backup 4…will be a major defensive rebounding guy day 1

will be fun to see francis tugler, lineups both have record setting wingspans

3 Likes

#TeamKaluma

1 Like

Wouldn’t be a surprise at all if Tugler grows taller. Big hands and long wingspan compared to his height. Not necessarily a reliable indicator but I could imagine it.

1 Like

I believe in Ja’Vier Francis.

4 Likes

Can’t afford them

1 Like

So does Sampson

1 Like

There is NO news lol

1 Like

There should be some within the next week or two. A lot of big names to commit.

For us? Doubtful

1 Like

Not for us most likely. I wouldn’t bet on it. I think Nelson goes to Alabama or Baylor if his initial list doesn’t change and it’s true from Trill. Who by the way could be anyone lol. Anyone can become a message board maestro and be an “insider”.

What does he bring to the table offensively? Any midrange or outside shooting? Would be nice to have a weapon we could bring off the bench that offered more than baby hooks and the occasional lob threat.

in the context of realistic transition probably not much as a freshmen. (Dunks, alleyoops, put backs etc.)

his game is essential francis but 2 inches shorter (but a longer wingspan)…tugler will drive on an open lane as his major advantage between them

Tugler shoots 3s occasionally in HS but it’s rare and it had to be wide open. Probably not something you can count on as freshmen but a great sign that he will likely shoot 3s as an upperclass…we might see a mid range but it won’t be a common thing …

He has a chance to make a big impact but in j’wan Roberts kind of way

1 Like

J, where is all this big NIL money that Landon has found? Or the Matress Mac stuff?

With MS and JW leaving it seems like a good chunk of NIL would be available?

2 Likes

The better term is we don’t throw up money straight up.

“The kid has to want to come to UH for UH”- Kelvin Sampson

3 Likes

Ridiculous statement

1 Like