Toyota Center?

do any other schools use their professional teams stadiums for “bigger games” when they already have their own?

not a loaded question - genuinely asking.

I know several that use professional stadiums b/c they dont have their own, but do any others use them like we are forced to use NRG?

Most of the Big East does, Villanova, Uconn and several others.

Back in the TSU days, we had a game proposed to be played in Toyota Center. Got on the bus and luckily I sat right behind the bus driver, in the very first available seat. I knew that the game was to be played at TSU, but some how, the bus driver did not get this info. (I believe this was the first bus load being taken to the game). As we approached the Gulf Frwy, I asked the driver where he was going and he told me Toyota Center. I mentioned that the game was being played in TSU’s field house. He pulled into the intersection/turn area and made a call on his radio. He then turned the bus around and we managed to get to the game on time.

I was on that bus also lol

1 Like

No to Toyota center ever. Make fans come to campus and keep Fertitta center a hard a&& place to play in. I’d consider it for out of conference play against a Georgetown, Duke, UNC type school but that’s it.

1 Like

I know that Wichita State is contracted to play one home game a year at the city’s downtown arena. Also, Gonzaga plays one home game a year at the arena in Seattle where the Seattle Kraken play.