The Fertitta Center Is Gaining A Reputation

Just came across this. Maybe we should keep this in mind when we talk about possible expansion or criticize fans/students. Maybe we are a tad bit too hard on ourselves.

https://twitter.com/UCFSports/status/1610415315044954112

17 Likes

I’m glad the opposing team feels it.

I mentioned it once in another thread, but the game against Cincy was SO LOUD that it felt like all the collective Coog fan voices became 1 massive sound wave that caused my eardrums discomfort lol

I literally had to cover my ears & lower my head a little big (as I was still yelling, ofc). But yeah, hope this is the standard going forward.

3 Likes

This is what TDECU needs to be like

Louisville game was ruckus

21 Likes

It makes attending the games and cheering for the Coogs all the more worthwhile. Thank you for posting.

9 Likes

I want to make the mudcats’ ears bleed tomorrow.

5 Likes

Bama game was the loudest game I’ve attended other than LSU

5 Likes

Bama game was 4 deep SRO on the concourse. I have not seen that any other game.

1 Like

100% correct. When madcowsu comes in they have to hear/feel for the entire game what it feels like to be exhiled from a power conference since 1996.
This comes to mind:

Now that is home field/home court advantage.

2 Likes

I saw these guys at the Angora Ball Room off Richmond ave. in 1978…capacity 1000…incredible show

4 Likes

We’re the 6th man!

2 Likes

That probably has to go down as one of the all time live rock performances of all time. The crowd in Argentina was crazy and they knew the lyrics to every song if watch the concert on Youtube. Then the ladies at the concert, my goodness! AC/DC one of those bands just knows how to bring it at a concert.

New tradition, UH should play Thunderstruck by AC/DC after lineups and before tipoff. That would have FC rockin!

I still think they should turn out the lights and let the fans go, “meow” over and over to creep out the opposition.

9 Likes

That would creep ME out. :joy:

5 Likes

The Tampa Bay LIghtening play Thunderstruck and the arena goes wild.

2 Likes

Not to mention with the raggy voice of Brian Johnson it sometimes sounds like he is sing shouting Thrudercats lol. That would be so awesome and you know the fans woudl get so into it. And the song mentions being in Texas in lyrics. Lets do this UH FC sound guy!

https://twitter.com/chrisybaldwin/status/1628569125915136000?s=46&t=olbhmK8XlLz2WbEIq2auEQ

16 Likes

Or go Jackie Moon promotion and bring a Cougar out in a cage, lights go out, flip them back on, cage is open and no cougar.

15 Likes

That would be awesome

1 Like

Well, let’s see

2018-19 = 15-1
2019-20 = 14-2
2020-21 = 15-0
2021-22 = 16-1
2022-23 = 13-2

Sampson is 73-6 at home. 92.4% I’d say that’s one of the better home court advantages in America.

12 Likes