Spot review

Rewatched the highlights and they showed a clip where Dana was talking to the refs asking if they’ll review it. You can see the red mouths “yeah”

1 Like

IIRC in a game earlier this year we protested a spot and the refs moved it almost a yard further in our favor.
FWIW even the UT forums admit it was a bad spot but said it made up for all the missed holding calls.

1 Like

Would the UT Law replay official have overturned it?

There’s another narrative about that.

I would like to hear from that guy as to whether he looked at it at all and how many angles or was he waiting for a challenge.

1 Like

I’m 100% certain that he’ll claim he was just waiting for an “official” challenge to shift blame.

"Dana confirms he would have gone for two on the final drive, as we discussed on both of our podcasts the last few days.

He also talks about the spots on 2nd and 3rd down."

https://x.com/gocoogs1/status/1716499033500312014?s=20

2 Likes

He was probably packing his bags so his private jet could take off from Hobby in time to get back to El Paso for dinner instead of reviewing the call.

1 Like

This is as simple as this:
The previous play is under review.
Never did the stadium or tv audience heard these simple six words.
The question is why?
Why the rush?
I will ask again why the rush?
Having the officiating crew tell us:
The previous play is under review.
By doing so all comments would not be on National tv.
We now know why they did not.

This. Big 12 refs are terrible. It’s honestly one of the reasons UT wanted out of the league. This game wasn’t the tip of the iceberg of how bad the refs can screw a team. This one pretty much balanced out.

From what I read, it was reviewed in the injury timeout, and they couldn’t find enough evidence to overturn it.

Once again, Dr. Khator has the right perspective on the spot.

https://x.com/UHpres/status/1716589977016946869?s=20

1 Like

The injury clearly allowed time for a review from the booth. They could have easily overturned the call based on were his knee hit the ground, about the 9 yard line putting the ball at the 81/2 a spot at the ten should have been a big time call for reply officials to say spot is wrong. A challenge would have done nothing differently as far as results, the fix was in.

1 Like

You can almost interpret holding on every play.

Where a ball has been advanced to is as simple as spotting the ball on each play. I mean how many disputes are there over the course of a game? About none because it’s as about as routine as it gets because it’s just about as obvious as it can be.

Now you get the bad spot AND a missed replay call. Hmmmmm… …

1 Like

It’s befuddling that anyone could look at that and confirm the call on the field was correct. I’d love to hear the explanation.

3 Likes