Spot review

I was sitting at the other end of the stadium so had a bad vantage point.

Just saw the highlights…that spot was truly, truly shamefull.

What a bunch of clowns those refs are…

2 Likes

Yes… well said.

Eugene Semko - El Paso attorney. Graduated from UT law in 78. Cant make that up…
Reply official …
There is your answer …:person_facepalming:

4 Likes

As Fox’s Tim Brando stated on the telecast: “The spot will be talked about for a long, long time.”

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/22/houston-loss-texas-bad-spot-fourth-quarter-fans-react

1 Like

Accountability has to be enforced, even though nothing can be done about the game’s outcome now. I sat in the 200 level at about the 5 yard line and it was so clear. The horn fans sitting around me remained very silent, knowing what just happened.

2 Likes

That is not the point. One more time:
“THE LAST PLAY IS UNDER FUTHER REVIEW”
How many times have we heard that one?
The ethical thing to do was to announce to the crowd that the last play was indeed UNDER FURTHER REVIEW. This official crew did not. That in itself is 100% unethical.
The official crew put themselves at the risk of being called out.
Question:
What did they take the risk to be called out? They knew full well how close or over the line it was.
Did they have a bus to catch?
Did they have to come home and watch a replay of “Throw momma from the train”?
Did they have a further engagement to go to?
Did they to go to a birthday party?
Did they have to go back and make sure they had enough money in the parking meter?
BS does not define it.
Tim Brando and Spencer Tilman were also pi…ed off because THEY WATCH THE VIDEO REPLAY.

Video shows it…plain as day…

“Houston was marked short here”

https://x.com/CFBONFOX/status/1715870718326411607?s=20

4 Likes

You just get a glimpse of the official at the top of the screen, where he initially marks progress with his left foot, at it’s sufficient for the first down. If you watch the rest of the sequence, he then turns around, looks at the marker, and proceeds to mark it with his right foot, a half yard shorter than his initial mark when he was watching the play.

3 Likes

With only a minute to go using the TO to force a review was the right call, you can also gather your offense and go over a potential 4th down play.

What else are you going to do with the TO with only a minute to go and just inside the 10 yard line?

NOTHING!!! One TO is not enough to force UT to punt. Having zero TO’s was not going to be a big deal if we got the 1st down and had only 4 plays left to try to get a TD. So, NOTHING is what happened with our last TO. We ate it instead of getting a review.

Horrible.

2 Likes

What should be reviewed now this the friggin Big XII officiating crew that made the call!! What a sham.

3 Likes

More importantly, investigate the UT grad (Eugene Semko) who was yesterday’s replay official!!!

2 Likes

I’d at the very least like to hear his opinion of whatever replay review he did and how many angles he looked, if he did any at all, and also, why he himself didn’t call for a replay review stoppage.

2 Likes

And I’d like to know if it’s true that the officials told Dana that the spot had already been confirmed by replay.

There definitely needs to be some explanation by the Big 12 tomorrow.

5 Likes

No official , replay official, etc ., should ever be allowed to be involved in a game where they went to one of the schools , that is total BS…
We got screwed one more time by tu …

Our seats are right there. We were all high fiving and didn’t even notice the bad spot until one of our UT friends with us said “y’all just got screwed.”

5 Likes

Oh it will be hushed cuz it’s lil’ ol Cougar High.

If the Whorns had this perpetrated on them it’s national news, uninterrupted sports talk show discussion. Interviewing VY at halftime. Quotes from Earl Campbell. Legislation introduced.

2 Likes

According to Pat Ford at Sports Illustrated, yes it was.

1 Like

This has been national news. The B12 and their refs along with UT have gotten a huge black eye.

1 Like

I’m rewatching the game. There was a bad pi call Golden on the second series. Brando said they aren’t calling that on Texas because they that physical and that good.

1 Like

Yeah, that was a terrible take. It makes their later comments about the officiating even more notable.