Season Ticket plans announced by UH Athletics

https://uh.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?xd_co_f=M2MzZGE4MTEtOGJiYy00ZjY4LWE3YTAtNzYzNTZkMjM5ZTQ5&groupCode=FBST&linkID=houston&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&_ga=2.168777185.1776869024.1677107212-1274236046.1675755893

Go here and click find tickets

1 Like

I had season tickets up until I moved away 10 years ago. I’M BACK!!! Just bought 4, and I AM PUMPED!!!

22 Likes

Well…My Grandfather would be proud. My wife and I officially bought UH season tickets for the first time. Not too far from where his season ticket seats used to be in 310.

He passed on in early 2021 and was the sole reason I went to the University of Houston. He was a Platinum Level Cougar Pride member for as long as I can remember, and one of the most passionate alumni you’d ever meet. He’d take me to The Rob on Saturdays in the fall throughout my childhood and it was one of the fondest memories of my childhood. The Kevin Kolb years were fun. I didn’t grow up as an “Aggie” or a “Longhorn” like all my other friends. I grew up as a Coog! Attending the University of Houston was one of the best decisions I ever made in life, and I am damn proud to be a Houston Cougar. I’m sad my Granddad never got to see us officially move to the Big12, but he knew it was coming. He saw the changes throughout the past 2 decades and he would tell me every year that it was only a matter of time. I’ll be thinking of him and will probably shed a tear or two when I step into TDECU stadium this fall and I’m surrounded by excited visiting fans from Austin, Fort Worth, etc.

I graduated in 2016, and moved away from Houston. First to NYC then Austin, until I met my wife. I have made it to about 1 game a year since I was a student. One of my wife and I’s first dates, was roadtripping to Norman to watch us get blown out by OU in Dana’s debut. She didn’t even care about the loss, and was just happy to get excited with me about something I was obviously very passionate about. With the new schedule this year and this being the last time we ever play Texas, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to scoop up a couple of season tickets.

My wife and I live out in the Hill Country now, so we obviously won’t make it for all the games. We’re only planning on going to the Texas and TCU games, and possibly the Baylor game in Waco. We will probably just sell our tix for the other games we don’t make it to, but I’ll be sure to post them here on Coogfans so that they aren’t going to fans of the visiting teams.

Anyways, that was just a long-winded way of saying that I’m proud to have bought season tickets this year, I hope that my Grandad is smiling down at me and proud, and I am damn excited for some Big 12 football later this year!

42 Likes

That is quite the story, your grandpa did the right thing by taking you to UH games when you were young.

9 Likes

Where in hill country, I’m in Bandera, I sit in 307

Bandera is a great spot. Hill Country State Natural Area is one of my favorite places in the state.

We are in Dripping Springs.

2 Likes

That’s more of a DM question to protect the privacy of others imo.

1 Like

I mean he has his full name and a headshot attached to his profile.

1 Like

Says 3400 new season tickets sold for football in 4 days. It’s a start.

9 Likes

I agree. But not really good to start discussing work place n such here but y’all do you. I’m much older than you young cats so I thk different. I’ve been on Facebook once in my life I thk to watch a Coogs event like 5 yrs ago so…

Best thing is hearing his story on how he became a Coog. Same w me my brother-- 15 yrs older than me took me to Coogs basketball gm in 1968 n I wss hooked from then.
Ok let y’all share personal info as needed.

#GoCoogs

2 Likes

As long as your son/daughter attends UH, you will be fine on the forum.

Otherwise you will feel the wrath from the brigade of Coog fans who call out other Coog fans for allowing their kids to attend another university lol.

4 Likes

There shouldn’t be any other universities :wink:

2 Likes

So if only current season ticket holders are renewing then he must be Implying that current season ticket holders have purchased an additional 3400 seats. Would my conclusion be correct ? I couldn’t open the article,

What was the season ticket holder total last year? Like 10k? Plus let’s say it’s up to 14k now. Out of 25 or 35k available season tickets. Or is the whole stadium up for grabs.

It doesn’t look good online. I’m sure they’re withholding seats.

@WacoCoog they opened up for new ticket holders early this year to try and ride the momentum. So renewal opened up the other week on monday, and new ticket holders could purchase wednesday that same week. And they have just been updating the map as existing ticket holders dont renew or move their seats

1 Like

Why withhold seats? Sell them it’s not like we have a waiting list, stupid to withhold tickets

1 Like

It’s what they do…not sure why…hopefully it’s for a good reason.

1 Like

When I picked up our season BB tickets at Fertitta, there was not a lot to choose from. First game we attended, we were in Lonesome Dove territory. For several games, we had visitors seated all around us. Last year, we began to see Cougar fans around us. Now, we have many Coog fans around us, but still some seats available that have different folks each game. This is just what UH seems to be doing for both FB and BB. Guessing it’s the same for BB.

I believe they hold back sections, which are clearly the less desirable sections:

1. To creates excitement in the sections for the season ticket holders, nobody wants to be the only tickets in a section, half the fun of having season tickets is to get to know the people around you.
  2. To give the ticket office larger blocks for group ticket sales or giveaways.
  3. People are stupid and may select bad seats because they don’t understand the technology.
  4. If there is a section not on the selector I bet you can call in and get it.
4 Likes

Northside 200s bleachers is going to be the first to sellout… outside of the super premium.

I bought 2 in section 230 on the aisle the day they went on sale to people who made a deposit and now the closest section is 232 with aisle available.