Red & White Scrimmage August 1st

But Tugler will be a star and is the only bright star in the front group.

His game and frame is more outside coming in or staying outside. It is not staying inside and muscling it out. I feel he will get mauled there. It us also not going from inside to outside either.

anybody know the tall recruit at the game? (he had a question mark on the back of his tshirt) his parents was there and one of the UH staff was walking him around, saw Sasser shake his hand too

Oh… Just because he’s a “4” doesn’t mean he will play from inside out in my opinion…

He will be a stretch 4 and open up the paint… Also, we’re not going to run the same offense as last year; no way we play that slow and try to play iso imo…

4 Likes

When TA plays the 4 he’s really just another guard. Like how the 2022 Kansas team had Christian Brain, Jalen Wilson, Ochai Agbaji play 2-4 but they were all guards and played like it.

1 Like

Is it the guy pictured in the 2025 thread?

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

I expect we’ll see a lot of Elvin this season. :wink: Add him to the “rotation”.

1 Like

TA playing the 4 , essentially a 4 G lineup creates a matchup problem for the other team defensively. He will have to be able to hold his own on defense and for the team to not slip on the boards for this to work. It will work really good against some teams for sure. That’s a good 4 man rotation down low and provides more minutes for our deep set of guards to get on the court, so more Sharpe and hopefully some of Wilson.
If it really works then maybe even some of Walker if one of the bigs gets in early foul trouble.

1 Like

A coach that preaches defense and rebounding is going to be playing a guard that gives both. Wilson won’t start but if he keeps rebounding and playing D he will play.

You mean the guy coach redshirted last season AND tried to replace with a transfer…?

I wouldn’t bet on him getting big minutes…

1 Like
1 Like

100% I think he might close some games for us. His IQ is his most underrated attribute, he just always seems to make the right play. Francis seems like he still struggles a bit with decision making and forcing stuff. He’s not as quick and fluid with his decisions. But he was playing against freshman so he looked better

2 Likes

Also having Wilson for ANOTHER year after this year is such a blessing. Not saying he will start when Jamal leaves but he will be a great older backup PG for us next year, maybe even this year. His defense and rebounding are elite and his handles got so much better

6 Likes

If you have too many egos, like Arkansas, you run into chemistry problems. Wilson knows the role he is supposed to play and seems to be a good locker room guy. I’m sure that was a factor in CKS allowing him back. Just be ready when called on.

2 Likes

LFG Coogs!!!

I feel some magic in the air…

1 Like

1 Like

Good interview w/@HRReview

1 Like
Better Shooter :male_detective:
  • Marcus Sasser
  • LJ Cryer

0 voters

its sasser…

lj barely takes any off the dribble shots… on the same kind of shots, i think Sasser would win

sasser has worse percentages becuase he takes a ton of off the dribble 3s…

but i dont think the gap is big