OT: Ex-Oregon State head coach's gear is dumped off at Goodwill

Oregon State gets humiliated again.

Smith set several passing records at OSU and took them to the Fiesta Bowl.

This is literally the equivalent of Case Keenum leaving the UH head coaching job for the SEC and dumping all of his UH gear.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic !

I wish the coogs woulda done the same to Briles when he went up to Waco.

5 Likes

Just saw where the North Dakota St. head coach is leaving to become an assistant at USC during the FCS playoffs.

North Dakota State coach Matt Entz leaving for USC assistant job

Ngl - in the past I’ve found very unique, official-looking UH gear in thrift shops, garage sales & online/online apps (Craigslist, Offer Up, etc).

Sometimes I can’t help but wonder if it belonged to former players/coaches.

Fun fact, I did see former UH FB Player, Gleson Sprewell, selling the offical, team-issued UH backpack on Offer Up many yrs ago. Ofc, this was before NIL and I believe he had already graduated.

4 Likes

But not Sumlin or Judas?

Briles had UH ties not as deep as the oregon st coach but still some.

Business is business…Briles was a Yeoman recruit and basically got this job because of our HOF coach. And by the way, he is a Texas Tech grad.
What he did here was nothing like what Sumlin or Hermit did. But once again it is all about business, and we can’t deny Sumlin and Briles did better for themselves financially. But Herman was told by Fertitta that he would match the Texas offer and…

3 Likes

Anyone know a good thrift shop near the houses of our most recent coaching staffs? Might find some good Xmas presents.

6 Likes

I found Applewhite’s UT coaching shirt in a thrift store down in richmond tx. Sold it on ebay

I don’t think Holgorsen would drive that far

1 Like

I am collecting the empty cans of Red Bull Dana has dranked, for scrap metal. Actually I’m making quite a bit of change off them I am getting paid above market my scrap metal guy called it the Dana premium, since his lips been all over them.:rofl:

4 Likes

Check Offer Up instead & use search terms like ‘UH’, ‘Houston Cougars’, etc.

Thats where I’ve seen former players & assistant coaches selling their gear.

One time I even saw Dana Dimel’s son or grandson (?) Selling one of Dimel’s official UH coats. It was BEAUTIFUL, but it was XL, iirc. Wouldnt fit me.