OT: Dangerous & TOXIC Culture | UH Softball

More on this w Sam.

1 Like

Her situation trumps all that.

Herp Derp !

NO. It doesnt. Sheesh.

This thread is on mute for me.

1 Like

Well for sure she aint getting fired this month.

1 Like

This absolutely needs to be handled by the AD pronto. President Dr. Khator could have let Pez handle, but now that it is being reported by social media, there is potential reputational harm to the university, so at the very least. Dr. Khator needs to light a fire under Pez. Pez saying “I’ll handle it” at this point, ain’t going to cut it.

4 Likes

When people don’t like someone, they tend to overexaggerate at times

This is a new generation of kids once they don’t get what they want they react

1 Like

Whatever it is, it needs to be handled sooner than later. Right now it’s no bueno.

4 Likes

Is this strike 3 for Pezman getting fired?

1. CDH extension
  2. Holding on to Whitting and Hughey for too long
  3. Softball internal issues
2 Likes

No because it’s only going to shed more negative light on the University which the BoR would want to prevent.

The CDH extension was a huge mistake, but it was right off the cusp of a 12-1 season (regardless of the schedule, Big 12 invite, etc.).

If I understand correctly, Whitting’s extension is not subject to any guranteed pay if fired. Perhaps the BoR/Pezman is waiting for more coaching options.

As far as softball goes, I’m not sure what to think. That’s not just on Pezman, but if Pezman reported it to BoR then it’s technically on everyone in this case

Either way if we don’t make the CFP by 2027 or have no NCAA championship in basketball by 2027, then Pez needs to go.

iirc - Pez was interviewing for the AD position for Washington not too long ago, so there may be some mutual fatigue between him & the rest of the Admin.

3 Likes

Lol… those are some extremely high and unrealistic goals

Tournament appearances alone make Pez look good

1 Like

You are right about football but we invested too much into CKS to not win a national championship especially since he has been here 10+ years.

With the CFP expansion to 12, we need to make significant progress to qualify for the CFP given that UH will be 100 years old in 2027.

1 Like

Well there are issues here:

Basketball: We continue to suffer season-ending injuries every time we enter the tournament. Literally, every single year.

Football: We are seriously lacking in NIL compares to other Big 12 schools which heavily impacts recruiting

2 Likes

How do you know we are lacking in NIL? Every coach cries poor about it on every team and we really have no idea how much anyone gets.

1 Like

Hopefully this gets handled ASAP if true. Unacceptable.

Regarding players returning, we have a grand total of 2 pitchers listed on the roster so it looks like we are going to go from bad as a P5 program to terrible for next year at least.

2 Likes

Doubt those are in his contract, job description or any reasonable demand.

Winning a championship in basketball is reasonable as long as CKS is here.

Pez has to justify the Fritz hire with significant progress for football.

For me: ‘Shaking my head’ as in “Please join the real world”

For tcoog: ‘Punch in nose’ - maybe that will help him join the real world …

Go Coogs!

Everyone needs to portal out and no one portal in…problem solved.
I have been complaining about several UH programs for several years, including the softball team.
I don’t know the head softball coach, but I think she deserves to tell her side.
It would be hard for me to believe she knew about the gun and threats and did nothing about it.
Regardless, it should never have come to this. This program has been bad for years.

2 Likes