NIL vs NFL

IMG_0023

2 Likes

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean CDH shouldn’t be able recruit them to come to UH for nothing. *

*Sarcasm aimed a the anti-CDH crowd.

6 Likes

Herman would of had him here for free!

And Herman would have worked at UH for free, right? In fact, he didn’t even accept a salary did he? I mean after all he loved his players…kissed them on the cheek…wore a diamond grill…

4 Likes

We used to joke that ut star players wouldn’t turn pro because they’d have to take a pay cut. Now it has come true!

4 Likes

Deion Sanders was saying how he doesn’t want players who only want the easy payday cuz they haven’t proved anything yet. It might make them complacent and lose the drive and motivation to pursue and improve towards bigger things at the next level. He makes a good point. It has the potential to mess with their careers long term. Will be interesting to see how these new NIL recipients fare in 10-20 years

NIL is a massive* joke

1 Like

I don’t trust any of these numbers. Also, there have been issues with NIL boosters paying up. I just feel there’s a lot of fluff and exaggeration for clicks.

This is clickbait.

Archie doesn’t take any NIL money.

It’s Manning’s son for effing sake

That being said - look, if the market value for these players call for high NIL money then so be it. Universities have made millions off the backs of athletes for an entire century.

Let’s not forget that not every athlete is receiving full ride scholarships let alone even partial scholarships

But can running backs make more in college than the NFL now?

The players are not paid market value for NIL. NIL is what they are worth in a public advertisement or marketing scenario. Very few are actually doing any marketing for their pay. NIL was never pay to sign with a team. Right now it is pay whatever a rich person feels they want to - nothing to do with market value. Pay them their true market NIL value and almost all would get $0.

How much profit have the majority of these schools made off the backs of these players (for most that answer is 0 profits) Most goes back into providing for the athletes.

1 Like

“in an era in which quarterbacks are being offered late-round NFL Draft money (sometimes much more) to transfer schools,”
https://247sports.com/article/college-football-transfer-portal-nil-is-helping-g-5-qbs-like-austin-reed-michael-pratt-and-frank-harris-say-no-to-the-transfer-portal-sec-florids-notre-dame-louisville-214988761/

I’m curious. Is there a major difference between what went on in Austin, Norman and so many other places back in the '50’s, '60’s, '70’s, '80’s, '90’s, '00’s and '10’s and what is going on with NIL with the exception that it is all out in the open and above the table now ? ? ? ? ?

Interesting how many on here have no idea about the difference in “income” and “profit” . . . . .

1 Like

Arch signed with Texas because Herman left.