Leach

7 Likes

SEC West is a very tough division. But with LSU, Auburn struggling a little bit.

Its Mississippi St and Ole Miss fighting for #2, behind Bama.

Leach has a solid Quarterback and they play some defense as well

5-1 record. But still have games at Kentucky, at Alabama, vs Georgia and at Ole Miss.

Tough slate left for The Pirate

4 Likes

Oh my. The game has passed him by.

6 Likes

Air raid will work anywhere,Leach keeps proving it. Never understood why our present Coach isn’t running it, that’s his resume.

7 Likes

Agreed. Give Leach the talent he needs for the Air Raid and he will win anywhere.

1 Like

Always knew that his chuck and duck crap would never work in the SEC.

1 Like

Anyone ever notice a$m seems to never play Georgia :crazy_face:

1 Like

Have they played Georgia since joining the SEC? I would assume so.

Seems like Texas A&M last played Georgia in 2019 (and A&M joined the SEC in 2012) …

(Via: University of Georgia Athletics)

The SEC only has one rotating cross-division opponent per year, and that’s the real crux of the issue. It makes life a lot harder for LSU and Auburn, because they have to play a full SEC West schedule + either UF (in LSU’s case) or UGA (in Auburn’s) every single year, whereas the rest of their division only sees those teams once or twice a decade. They’re also the only SEC West schools that can play Georgia and Florida in the same year.

I thought they rotated either 2 schools from the other division and played them for 2 years home and away. I think a$m is currently finishing up this year with Florida and S Carolina.

That is why it seems odd that they have played Georgia only 1 time.

No, they have one permanent cross-division rival (A&M’s is SCAR) and one rotating opponent. Bama hasn’t been to Athens since 2015.

Could we have got leach here?

He was hired in 2011 by WSU before Sumlin officially left. If we were smart that Sumlin was out the door, maybe could have talked him into waiting, but would have had to pay like triple what we did Levine. After the 2016 season, doubtful as he had Washington St rolling and doesn’t leave for a G5 job. Same in 2018 as he was coming off a top 10 season.

Maybe before 2015 instead of Herman since he had 3 losing seasons at WSU. As much as I dislike Herman, he was a better hire than Leach at that time.

1 Like

Leach would’ve been the perfect fit here. It just wasn’t meant to be.

2 Likes

To be honest, Leach was the P5 coach I thought we had a realistic chance to poach.

Saving CDH was a life raft for him.

1 Like

If I am UGA, I would be scared of this game.

This is the kind of team that gave UGA trouble last year and has this year.

That chart is from the UGA site and the 2019 score was UGA 19 - aTm 13. The Ws are UGA wins and the Ls were UGA losses.

Yes, that’s right.