Ja'Vier Francis The Ultimate Rim Protector | Full Season Highlights

12 Likes

Best shot blocker since Outlaw???

1 Like

Agreed

Francis needs to watch Creighton’s Ryan Kalkbrenner. Kalkbrenner is 7’1, 270lb, so different body type

But learning ways to contest a shot without fouling.

How many times did Francis pick up 2 early fouls in the 1st half? Probably too many

For Francis, to take that big leap and play consistently 25-30 minutes a game, hes gotta improve on that

But his stock is trending up. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

4+ fouls: 10 games this season

1 Like

Seems like a lot of Francis’ fouls were from reaching and bumping. Not when he went to block shots. Some of it was when refs were really calling us tight. I think he will have much more respect from the refs this year from. Also playing face up D his feet got better as the year went on so hopefully that will reduce fouls called on him. Best center in the country in my opinion.

1 Like

Sure, some of his fouls were fighting for offensive rebounds and the refs calling it that way.

I think especially on the road, just playing smart. Hes our best option at the 5.

So toning down physically some on the road, especially early, when refs might be calling it tight

At Oklahoma, for example, 12 minutes, 5 fouls, 1 reb.

It happens. But if you’re “a leader” next season, which he along with the other 3 (Sharp, Jwan, Cryer), gotta stay on the floor

1 Like

Nowhere near Bo but certainly a good one who can be even better this year

When were those games?

I bet first half of the season…

*(2) games in Non Conference

*(6) in Big 12 Regular season

*(1) in Big 12 Tournament

*(1) in NCAA tournament