Jamal Shead... doing a Test

We do if a certain someone reclassifies.

Shead and Mark are just getting evaluations. Neither has a prayer in the draft. Heck right now Sasser is not projected in the first round. JW projected #6 to Blazers, Sasser is projected #33 to spurs> No Mark or Shead in top 121 projections. The western Kentucky 7’ 5 center JAmarion Sharp is #121. Number 100 is Caleb Love the 5 star from UNC. Cincy’s Landers Nolly is like 120 and he is 6’ 4 and shot 42% from 3 point range. It is extremely hard to be and NBA draft choice.

2023 NBA Mock Draft - NBA Draft Room

4 Likes

Yeah… That’s what I keep hearing… But only on here… So, I take it with a grain of salt.

There are a lot of mocks….took me about two minutes to find one that had Jarace at #6 and Sasser at #27….it’s all subjective….teams draft boards rarely look like most mock drafts.

The 2023 NBA Draft is so DEEP & only 58 picks!

The 2024 NBA draft is so WEAK with 59 picks!

So yours has our Coogs almost the same.

Landers is like 6’7, but I get your point

2 Likes

120 Landers Nolley II SFCincinnati – HT: 6-7 – WT: 230 – WING: NA – Sr – Well built for a wing and a lights out shooter from 3pt land.

And he isn’t even higher than #120!

Is he entering the draft, or does he still have eligibility left?

But Sasser in the first.

I just saw him mid second round

when do we expect Shead to announce he’s coming back?

I think the last day to request feedback from the draft is April 13th. So maybe sometime this week.

1 Like

Yes sir. April 13, 2023 is the deadline to request feedback from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee Evaluation.

Other Key Dates

• NBA Draft Combine (By invitation only; invites will go out in early May) is May 15-21, 2023
  • NCAA Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline is May 31, 2023
  • NBA Draft is June 22, 2023

If Shead is serious about early entry to the NBA Draft, he may wait until he receives the Committee’s feedback. The Committee is mindful of the May 31, 2023 deadline, so they will provide him feedback ahead of that date. Shead could decide on his own to withdraw from the NBA Draft. Unsure if he will be invited to the NBA Draft Combine. If he is not, that is good for Shead returning to UH.

3 Likes

Thanks. I don’t expect Shead to be invited to any combine including the G league. But I may be wrong

1 Like

I’m rooting for whatever is the best opportunity for him and his family. At the end of the day, we gotta have the “next man up” mentality. If we’re not confident in the guy that will be stepping into his position, then we did a terrible job of recruiting/developing. This is college ball. Guys aren’t expected to be around for too long.

2 Likes

You’re correct.

There is only 58 picks this year in a all time great NBA Draft.

If he can shoot at a 36% clip from 3 next season at UH in a weaker draft he has a shot on being drafted.

Smh…your entitled to say what you want its kinda free … but smh…too many holes in this take

Is Shead better than Beverly… glad most of you are not scouts

First min of video Kendric Davis tells you all you need know