It’s the shoes: How the Jordan Brand has impacted UH basketball

5 Likes

I’m still not happy with our uniforms… but im not 6’ whatever with 2% body fat. Damn Calvin Klein models. :crazy_face: :thinking: :face_with_peeking_eye:

We need to get Jordan brand for football!

Part of being a “Purple Blood”

We are the new “RED BLOOD”, blue bloods have all exited stage left, not one in Sweet 16. First time a blue blood went to the Finals year before and preseason #1 and missed the tournament, not one of top 65 teams in America. That is what is great about basketball, they call you blue blood because you have won multiple NC, then you don’t make the dance. You could say Kentucky and Duke were not much better. Kansas had coach issues.

Once OU leaves then I think we will push for being a Jordan Brand football school.

3 Likes

One blue blood still in sweet16.

1 Like

Uconn?

UCLA

For being a Jordan brand, it sure is hard to buy anything branded Jordan.

They gone…

UCLA and UCONN are both blue bloods in my book… But some what have you done for me lately with UCLA…

Me and my nephew had that argument about UCONN being a being a blue blood or not he said they weren’t considered one, I had to agree. People don’t view UCONN as a blue blood for some reason. Why I don’t know.

Love being on Jordan brand, the only thing is when we signed the contract, we probably got the lower tier contract, at the time we signed Jordan brand, we werent the powerhouse we are today.

We dont get a lot of custom Jordan PE shoes…this year we just got the PE Zion 2 and Westbrooks older shoe…thats it

Majority of team wears Lukas, almost all other Jordan Brand schools got PE Lukas we didnt get it.

And other schools get the flagship Jordan 37 as well as Retros, to this date, we still havent gotten a PE Retro. Howard U joined Jordan last year and already got a Retro and more PEs this year than us.

Im hoping when we re-new contract, they’ll bump us up to highest Jordan brand tier, on top with UNC, UCLA and Marquette

“Among the shoes UH players have worn throughout this season include the Jordan Luka 1 and Jordan Zion 1, signature shoes for the Mavericks’ Luca Doncic and the Pelicans’ Zion Williamson, and Russell Westbrook’s Jordan Why Not .5?”

The team did get the Luka’s this year

keyword PE (means Player Edition) it will have the schools logo.

UH hasnt received a Jordan Luka 1 PE, Jordan 37 PE or Jordan Retro PE, all other schools have

UNC PE Luka 1 below, we dont have have any PE Lukas

1 Like

So far no Luka UH PE shoes is what i said, Player Edition Jordans are what brings in recruits, im not complaining about being on Jordan brand, but they should show us more love.

We get the pair of Lukas that anyone can buy online

The Retros can fetch over 3k for a PE pair

Ah gotcha, yea I see what you mean. I do wonder what the deal will look like going forward especially heading into the Big 12

1 Like