Houston Astros 2023 Season on a daily roll

I wonder what happened to giving Abreu days off to rest his back? Not complaining, but it seems odd.

Two games in a row for Chas - big step, Dusty.

1. Jose Altuve (R) 2B
  2. Jeremy Pena (R) SS
  3. Yordan Alvarez (L) DH
  4. Alex Bregman (R) 3B
  5. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
  6. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
  7. Michael Brantley (L) LF
  8. Chas McCormick (R) CF
  9. Martin Maldonado (R) C
1 Like

They’re gonna chase this kid high all night.

1 Like

He’s out of the game. 50 pitch count?

Opener, as opposed to starter.

I know someone else mentioned it a couple weeks back and it’s so true……when is Yainer gonna catch Framber and JV?

It stands to reason, we could have our backs against the wall in the playoffs and need our best lineup out there….not having Yainer catch these two at least once or twice is just as dumb as some of the other stuff Dusty does.

2 Likes

Anything less than a WS berth will doom Dusty.

Possibly Dana Brown as well.

2 Likes

Dusty yes……DB, doubtful.

1 Like

How in the hell are they being shut down by a nobody at home???

1 Like

Local sports radio has suggested on multiple occasions that Crane values David Sterns (Milwaukee) for the role of President of Baseball Operations and would use DB for player evaluation (draft) and development.

1 Like

I thought it was the reverse.

Yeah, I’ve read that it was a big deal to DB to not have a president of baseball operations to deal with at the Astros. Hiring this dude would be smart, but it might lead DB to look elsewhere. If that happens, whatever - bye, I guess.

This offense can go totally silent against anyone, especially crappy teams.

1 Like

In the words of NSYNC….

Bye, Bye, Bye.

1 Like

Middle of a pennant race, one of your top pitchers throwing against one of the worst teams in baseball at home and you get smoked….what the hell???

Baseball is a funny game.

1 Like

Had not heard that….other than 790 on iHeart I don’t get local.

I still find it hard to believe that Crane would go that route after one year……it’s not a good look.

1 Like

Maybe Dana gave the pre-game speech?

2 Likes

LOL, Dusty has been telling them all week that the A’s wanted it more.

3 Likes

Sounds like Oakland and Rice have something in common.

1 Like

This is the 2023 Astros. Go on a heater and look like they have it figured out, then turn around and throw one away. They’ve generally managed to win the series, so that’s something.

1 Like

Crane can screw over James Click and get away with it. He can’t do the same to Dana Brown. If he tries then he’s a psycho.