Houston Astros 2023 Season on a daily roll

He has an issue with Chas. I am not sure what it is but it has been referenced in a few articles.

3 Likes

So looking ahead to the playoffs. If Dusty sticks with this nonsense of having Dubon play CF when JV pitches, what’s he going to do with all the other games? If the answer is play Chas in CF (which is obviously the right call and there shouldn’t even be a debate) then why wouldn’t Chas be starting in CF every game down the stretch?

They’re fighting not just to make the playoffs but to win the Division so every game matters. Playoffs obviously are even more important because it’s win or go gome. So if you’re going to start Chas in the most important games then why the hell wouldn’t Dusty be starting him now???

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s lying.

Rome does not run that story without valid sources.

1 Like

Honestly I think we’re just screwed
.he’s going to continue to do this crap.

Did you guys know that Dubon had only started ONE game in CF all season until Verlander got here?
Now in the last week or so Dubon has started in CF FIVE times and Chas TWO times.

Last week we had the tying run on base and he pinch hit Singleton for Chas!!! You can’t make this stuff up!

Earlier this year while slobbering over how good Julio Rodriguez was he said” with Rodriguez you just pencil his name in everyday”. Meanwhile he has a centerfielder outperforming Rodriguez and he has 230 less AB’s

Check this out

another doozy from Dusty.

What on earth!?

Pena has started consistently last year and this , his FIRST and SECOND year in the league

Dubon was here last year
.Why didn’t he start more at SS? Was Pena already a “ BIG BOY” as a rookie? And now a second year player who has struggled throughout the year?
Remember, he had just said Rodriguez “should just be pencilled in everyday “
less time in the league than Chas

Are you seeing what non-sense this guy says just to try and cover up that he does not like Chas
.beyond ridiculous.

And Chas has been a true professional despite this garbage by his manager.

2 Likes

Maybe Chas knows he will be here longer than Dusty.

All I see with Chas is a guy that plays hard every game.

3 Likes

Maybe Brown should pull a page out of Moneyball and send Dubon to SL.

I’m kidding, of course, but it is an option. :sunglasses:

1 Like

He’s trying to put Chas in his place. The question is why.

If his thought process was that Chas strikes out a lot, so putting him in the lineup with Maldonado isn’t great, that would be a bad argument, but at least it’s something. This deal with trying to marginalize Chas is straight BS.

Now Chas is wired such that this probably motivates him, but I don’t think he needs that to perform. He’s a legit battle-tested player, and he brings it whenever he’s in the lineup. Yeah, he goes through hitting slumps just like everyone else. So what?

Even if the Astros get it together and win tbe WS, this is still managerial malpractice, especially considering the failure to get more ABs for Diaz. I hope Dusty gets another ring before he leaves, but he has to go, either way.

4 Likes

Not an option. Dubon has no options left

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks.

Its favoritism. He played Pena like a veteran last year. I hate Rome but I suspect what he’s saying is true.

And just because Dusty refutes something doesn’t mean that’s true. I don’t think Dusty has had a straight-up conversation with Chas. There might have been comments but that’s probably it.

Lets face it. Dusty has a stupid alter-ego. The problem is his fortunate alter ego has convinced his stupid alter ego that their decisions are mutually beneficial.

Fortunate: “See! Maldonado hit a home run!”
Stupid: “You’re right! Let’s play him every day!”

3 Likes

ESPN and MLB Network is all over it now

showing side by side comparisons and utterly not believing what is going on

They are saying the same thing about Yainer/Maldy and what is the deal.

With Chas they did the comparison with Julio Rodriguez that we were discussing, and how Chas is outperforming the guy considered to be the “best” CF in baseball.

Dusty is the man that caused this situation and now it has blown and will be a distraction

What sucks is for Chas, now instead of just going out to play he is going to have an elephant on his back

I’m sure Dusty will just dig his heels in deeper.

2 Likes

Fortunate: “See! Maldonado hit a home run!”
Stupid: “You’re right! Let’s play him every day”

And we have fans that think that was as well

Maldy or Dubon hit a HR or have a good game and it’s “ see Dusty is right”.

Complete disregard for the other 99% of the season.

2 Likes

Lineup for tonight:

2B Altuve
SS Pena
LF Alvarez
3B Bregman
RF Tucker
1B Abreu
CF McCormick
DH Diaz
C Maldonado- ugh

I didn’t think Maldonado always caught Brown- did something change?

1 Like

Give Brantley a day off. He’s exhausted after sitting around eating sunflower seeds for a year and a half

3 Likes

It seems like Yainer has been the one catching Hunter but I’d have to look it up.

If Yainer is catching this game then Brantley can DH

did Uncle Mike come in a couple pounds heavy on the weigh in?

3 Likes

Every freaking game matters. You rested your best players for THIS. Don’t rest anyone anymore.

Sorry some of the guys aren’t getting ABs in September.

Dusty drives me crazy.

4 Likes

This is from 2011 & nothing has changed.

dusty

3 Likes

Here’s your answer

must have been Diaz’s fault.

2 Likes