Horns down and the SEC

Is this seriously being considered? What kind of weak sauce, sn0wflak3 crap is this?? Horns already making everyone uncomfortable. Good luck SEC.

1 Like

Come on, SEC fans will do what they want! Even more now
Welcome to SEC, crybaby whorns

1 Like

1 Like

What are we talking about here?

“Horns Down” is a hot button issue with Horn fans that no one else cares about. The more they cry foul, the more likely it will occur. This non-issue was addressed at SEC Media Day this week. According to the SEC’s Coordinator of Officials, John McDaid, the SEC’s approach is:

“We’re going to read the context in which it’s done,” McDaid said. “I ask my officials to use the judgment of, is it taunting an opponent, is it making a travesty of the game, or is it otherwise affecting our ability to manage the game?”

McDaid said if players are flipping the upside-down horns up while celebrating with teammates heading to the sideline, it probably should not draw a foul.

“If he tackles a player and stands over him and gives it, then we’ve got taunting, then we’ve got unsportsmanlike conduct,” McDaid said.

Best I can tell, this is the approach the B12 used.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember that the horns taunted us when Shasta lost a toe in the wire of her cage on the way to a ut game ? That taunting gave rise to the hand sign we use today. Ut is great at being hypocritical . Just sayin’ .
Go Coogs!

1 Like

5 Likes

8 Likes

Someone get her an NIL deal and plaster her on billboards all over greater Houston.

9 Likes

I didn’t notice her hands.

6 Likes

She is related to “hawk tua” girl and I love her.

Like it or not, The Horns are a big tv draw. Playing along with this stupidity only adds more eyes for the SEC.

After the fun and games, who is going to out bid them for players?

All I can say is ‘At least they’re doing it out in the open now’. With that, I have concerns about what college football looks like in 5-10 years.

They remind me of a guy in my division name Bish. Another guy in the division called him Bouncing Baby Bish a couple of times and no one gave it a thought until he complained about it in front of several of our shipmates. Deke talked to Bish and asked him if it really bothered him if anyone called him bouncing baby and when he said yes from then on he was bouncing baby Bish - that sealed it.

2 Likes

Not only does SEC have to deal with horns down, but Texas wants to be the UT in the SEC, well SEC already said Tennessee is the UT in SEC.

2 Likes

There is always tu. Horn also feels disrespected when you use lower case. Touchy group those horns.

Univ of Tenn was UT 100 years before Univ of Texas was born. Just sayin’ .

Doesn’t make a difference to the ego of Texas. They want no horns down, and to to be the UT. Seems like they are going to fit right in to the SEC.