Early voting starts Monday

https://www.harrisvotes.com/VotingInfo

Votetexas.gov

Lptexas.org

https://txsolidarity.party/

To anyone voting in the Dem primary in Fort Bend County, vote for my brother by another mother, Surendran K. Pattel.

https://surendran4judge.com/

Pattel was an associate of my Father’s in the last years of my Dad’s life and law practice. He served as a pall bearer at my Dad’s funeral. After my Dad died, Surendran told my Mother that that was the first time he had ever known the love of a Father. His own Father in India was an alcoholic. When Surendran went back to see his own Father in India just before his Father died, he and his Father failed to reconcile and remained on bitter terms at the time of his Father’s death. So after his Father died, and he got back to the USA, he came to visit my Mom, and asked if he could please consider my Dad to be his Dad. My Mom agreed. He’s called my Mom “Mom” ever since!

So he’s basically my Brother by another Mother.

Because I’m an independent voter whose ballots in general elections may include (and have included) candidates from up to five different parties, I usually don’t vote in primaries.

But I will in this case, just to cast a vote for Pattel!

1 Like

I cast my vote this evening!

I requested a mail in ballot. Got it, filled it in, mailed it. I now await all the calls of voter suppression when they are counted.
These are the steps:
Request mail in ballot
When it comes open the envelope and you will find ballot and ballot envelope and return envelope. Fill out ballot. Put in ballot envelope, on ballot envelope you must put either driver’s license # or last 4 digits of SS#. Sign ballot envelope.Put ballot envelope in return envelope. Attach correct postage.
Understand now why so many ballots will be disqualified or rejected? If you can’t do that with directions included maybe you are not a “qualified voter.”

1 Like

Or maybe your memory is not as good as the Legislature expects it to be. Did you register with your state ID, your DL, or your SSN? I don’t remember what number I used to register. Do you?

Texas sends back thousands of mail-in ballots due to ID problems : NPR

From the story:

Despite warnings from groups representing older voters and voters with disabilities, state lawmakers included new restrictions for vote by mail in the law.

SB 1 requires that the ID voters use when they vote by mail — whether it’s a driver’s license number or partial Social Security number — matches what’s on their voter registration record. This new rule applies to both the application to vote by mail as well as the return envelope voters use to send their ballot back to election officials.

This requirement has already tripped up thousands of voters applying for a mail-in ballot who didn’t remember what ID they used to register — sometimes decades ago.

Hmpf.

My Mom just voted by mail in the primary. Didn’t seem like that big a deal.

Hell, when I walked into the Cinco Ranch Library to vote yesterday, I explained that my registration card was expired, and hadn’t been sent a new one.

They said that’s true across the board, as card stocks are low. They still had my registration number in the system, so I simply presented a photo ID, answered a few questions…and VOILA!!!..OFF TO THE VOTING BOOTH!!!

I am the worst record keeper. Just ask Patty. But, I’ve always kept my voter ID in my wallet just like my driver’s license.

Some advice to anyone voting in the TX Republican primary…vote against that moron Ken Paxton for AG.

I don’t care whether you vote for George P. Bush, Eva Guzman, or whoever else, but DO NOT vote for Paxton.

Having someone under felony indictment for securities fraud as our State’s Attorney General is truly an embarrassment.

ANYONE would be an improvement!

My mail in ballot had a vote for Bush.

1 Like

Who are you voting for…are you a Beto guy?

You must be joking.

Did you not read my tirade against him for wanting to take my military style rifle away?

He’s about the last politician in the world that I’d vote for.

If I had to choose between Paxton and Beto, I’d vote third party, or possibly write in my own name.

That said, having a guy under felony indictment as our state’s top law enforcement official is absolutely BAT SCHITT crazy.

Both parties should be working to remove his sorry butt.

Your choice…advantage Beto…think about it…your vote counts but is essentially wasted…sorry but true…your vote really is not significant…but you go! By the way…you helped Biden with the same mentality

Beto at this point it’s straight out grift at this point. At the very least he should have the decency to put it really good trolling ads like the dude in Louisiana smoking blunts and burning confederate flags.

You vote for Beto if you wish.

I won’t vote for Paxton if he gets the Republican nomination and I would never vote for Beto in any political race.

I’m a Felony Prosecutor. If neither Guzman nor my fellow Afghanistan Vet Bush get the nomination, then I figure I’m qualified enough for the job.