Early Christmas present s on Signing Day

They need to join one real soon! Wouldn’t mind having them in the American! Also they need to find a better coach.

If UCONN does decide to leave for the Big East, I’d hope the conference would contact BYU immediately and check on their interest.

1 Like

There a few viable schools to get to:

BYU
Air Force
SDSU
Fresno
Colorado St

Am I missing anyone?

But losing UCONN, makes the travel foorprint a little better and cheaper. Perhaps a school that is closer in the AAC matrix? Colorado St. and Air Force are a realatively cheap flight…

Rice is nearby!!! :raising_hand_man::man_technologist: :grinning::grin::laughing:

1 Like

Just say no!

SDSU!!! … in a galaxy far far away … might as well pick Trondheim Norway …

besides they got their patooties altered rearranged reconfigured by Ohio last night …

Appalachian State may be a candidate if ECU is willing. Gives them a travel partner and they’ve done well since their move-up to FBS. They’ve got some national clout due to that win against Michigan and they have a decent-sized stadium (30K)

1 Like

I think App St would do very well moving to our conference. Like us moving to a P5, I’m sure it would immediately result in getting higher rated recruits for them and they are already highly competitive with the talent they have.

Of course, this is just for football. I don’t know anything about them when it comes to other sports.

let’s also not forget that some teams may not be hitting their needs in recruiting. I know for a fact we did, with room to add a few more. There is also the possibility that our conference mates might have missed in some evals. It’s no secret that CMA is very active on the recruiting trail, so I’ll trust his evals in the end. His first class will be rising Juniors, so we’ll soon see dividends no doubt about it.

1 Like

He may have an offer out there, but as of Tuesday he hadn’t hired anyone.

Some people don’t want to understand when it doesn’t fit their agenda.

I only like rice with gravy or with gumbo or crawfish etouffee – certainly not a team to water down the conference even more.

1 Like

well for one I certainly wasn’t being serious about Rice joining conf. Poster mentioned close proximity so I threw your Rice/gumbo/gravy out there!! :stuck_out_tongue::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Btw depressing to hear APP St as an option. Since you mentioned food that’s what is called leftovers. #rottenleftovers

1 Like

I’m not finding fault in the coaches or the recruiting class but I do have a problem with the idea that the 3rd best recruiting class in the AAC (of all things!) is acceptable. Not in my book. We are in Houston Texas for Gods sake.

3 Likes

You do know Florida is a recruiting hotbed for football right? Also while we are in a recruiting hotbed UCF and USF don’t have to deal with so many another big program recruiting in the same area in Florida like UH does in Texas.

UCF has not had to deal with multiple programs in the same state trying to sabotage their football program as we have. UCF just has to worry about beating out only FSU, Florida, and Miami. UH has to try to unfairly compete with Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor and Texas Tech. The Big 12 teams have more recourses then us and can offer a legitimate chance at a championship which we cannot at the moment. When you think about it we do a great job recruiting, and until we get into a P5 conference we will might pick a couple of 4 and 5 stars , but the rest of our recruiting classes will have to developed diamond in the rough two and three stars.

1 Like

Yup, and that is not including OU, LSU, and others just outside the state that come over for recruiting.

Florida does have a lot of SEC and northeastern schools come in to recruit but probably not to the extent that Texas is deluged by out-of-state recruiters. In addition, Florida annually has almost as many players sign FBS scholarships as Texas, yet they have several million fewer people than Texas. So one could make a pretty strong argument that Florida has supplanted Texas as the best football state.

2 Likes

For sure. Hell UH has proven it over the years.

1 Like

Nevermind I see that the hotbed in Florida had been sufficiently covered. No need to beat the dead horse.

1 Like