EA Football July 2023

Interesting the date lines up with our move to the Big 12

7 Likes

I CANNOT wait for this.

Haven’t played a game in years. Since they discontinued the football game.

Looking forward to getting a new PlayStation the second the new game comes out.

7 Likes

I just play the old ones, fun starting off with Keenum Edwards and Carrier. Even though they arent named the numbers are the same and they are bad ass.

2 Likes

It’ll be cool to see how tdecu stadium looks on there!

1 Like

I played all the way up until last year… my Xbox 360 finally gave out on me

2 Likes

I’m assuming they’ll have the names now?

I need to play on my brother’s xbox 360 the 2014 game with Michigan on the front.

I will too, will be an expensive game having to buy the console too, lol. I still play the NCAA 14 some during football season because there is a group who custom edits all the rosters every season.

1 Like

Excited for this. I always created my own school and built them from the ground up.

1 Like

I still play 2014 on my 360 till this day.

One thing thats always erk’ed me to no end is how, in Dynasty mode, ut is graded highly every year regardless of how crappy their season(s) went. I swear one of the developers had to be a ut homer.

3 Likes

I used to play that game until 3 or 4 a.m. even if I had to work. I loved the feature where you can make yourself a recruit and recruit yourself. I kicked so much butt as UH that the game actually kicked Baylor out of the Big 12 and invited us. It was really cool that they actually built that into the game.

7 Likes

It’ll be cool to see a college football game where the names are already pre-loaded. I’m assuming the players will get NIL for having their NIL (for certain the IL part) on the game–am I wrong?

NIL money!!!

A fair assumption

Start looking out for a new PS5 now, took me almost a year to get mine. There are a couple of Twitter accounts that will let you know when inventory drops at a vendor. Usually have to get a membership (Amazon Prime, Best Buy membership, Costco, Walmart etc). If you have the opportunity to buy one, take it!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll start looking around now.

Some interesting notes on this game. Teams will be compensated based on their performance in the Top 25 poll over the years - from four tiers from $100k to $10k per year.

EA has to get the non-CLC teams to agree to join the game - Ohio State, Oregon being some of the notable P5s. UH may not be part of the CLC so they’ll have to agree to terms separately to get into the game.

Lastly here’s hoping the PS5 will actually be available to buy a year from now w/o obscene markups. College football games were the only reason I picked up a console.

CLC? Not familiar
I thought i had read in the past that this would be tied to conference affiliation, that they would be making the deals. It always sounded like a lot of teams would be excluded. Not excited about that but hoping to learn more. If no UH, i have zero interest

I played it on ps2 and I was qb but broke my leg and was out for the year vs Texas.

CLC is a merchandise umbrella firm that handles licensing for their member teams. Their company name is in those hologram stickers you’ll see in shirts hats and the like. They’ve got 90% of all college teams signed who in turn authorize their brands to be sold all over, which will happen with EA for this game.

This is last year’s membership list and UH isn’t in it but hopefully they’ll either join or sign with EA separately.

They also publish an annual list of best selling merchandise by team. University of Austin at Texas has topped that list nearly every year since 2005 or so. TShirt fan U as it were :laughing: