Dana says life in the Big 12 is hard

Why can’t we just get Tom Herman back (he’s contrite) or a Fickell type? Why are we cursed with this dude?

He gets paid to be a public face of a program. If true like another poster said about hookers and getting embarrassingly drunk at restaurants, consider that Herman spent his time at home in Bellaire, host golf tournaments and was an integral part of leading the rodeo into town. Just do stuff with the community. Yeah all tiring as hell, but he did it.

1 Like

Herman lost a home game to East Carolina yesterday. That was ECU’s first FBS win of the year. Two weeks ago he lost to a really bad UAB team.

He’s trending the wrong way.

Again, Jon Sumrall at Troy impresses me. Trojans had 12 FBS from 2019-2021. Sumrall is 20-4. He won the conference in his first season. He’s already locked up Sunbelt West with two games left to play. Plus he beat UTSA in a bowl game.

7 Likes

Even if Herman baggage was forgiven, he needs more time at FAU.

4-6 now. Lost on sat 2 a bad ECU team w just 1 win vs Gardner-Webb.

I guess my point is I’ve never seen anything as electrifying engaged (since 88 anyways) with Houston as the two Tom Herman years. Would love to have that back with a coach that actually cares about that, and still finds time to coach a damn good team.

You’re prob right. He was just a young punk that took his shot at a blue blood. I get it, but you know what they say. You’re a completely different person every 7 yrs of your life. It’s been 7yrs plus.

Sumrall > Traylor

1 Like

He also won a NY6 bowl.

Both would be great here if not already picked up by the time Dana is gone.

Its about winning & UH has a pompous ass now. You want another and he can’t beat ECU at home.
Because he feels bad about behavior at UH ?

I barely keep track of user names. Just respond 2 comments
Was it you who thinks CFB National Champ HC ED O did not work out at LSU ?

Because he is a good ol boy & that doesn’t work in the SEC?

Yes sadly that was me with the “good ole boy” comment not working in the SEC. Still don’t think that’s wrong. I have strong family connections with Bama, and they think Saban’s just a pro. And he is.

In terms of Herman, no one can deny he worked his ass off here. My only thought was whether he’d be more inclined to stay this time, without the pressure of UT or LSU. He worked everything from the locker room to the airwaves. Give him credit for that.

And Ed O turned out to be a creep so?

My point was Holgy acts like a stereotypical good ole boy even though that doesn’t even work in “good ole boy” territory. Those guys in the SEC are incredibly focused. That was my point. Sorry to offend if you if you thought I meant something else.

My definition of “good ole boy” is a simple handshake amongst friends where you get what you’ve agreed upon, damn the consequences. That’s not Nick Saban. I do not consider him a good ole boy - polar opposite actually, hard task master.

If I recall correctly, life in AAC wasn’t easy.

6 Likes

Preach the Good Word, Brother Aldine!!!

:100:

Herman was lucky to have Ward Jr and the rest of Levine’s recruits.

5 Likes

Yea. But he had a vision for the program. And everyone responded to it.

Recall his view of running through the tackles and a spread offense. Better than this? Perhaps.

Let’s face it. Dana doesn’t know how to run an offense. Sounds weird, but he doesn’t. He stubbornly tried to change with, let’s see no OL blocks and running back hitting a wall. Why does this keep going on and on? Don’t keep running into a scrum. You need the OL to push one way or the other. Spread it out and you have more options. Jeez

1 Like

This reminds me of when Bill O’Brien said it was hard to win games in the NFL.

CDH is the Undertaker taking all the fans for a wild ride in 2024.

2 Likes

Its even harder paying my hard earned money watching this piss poor product too.

I feel bad for Ceasar that guy is playing great ball and deserves better than his coach not doing a better job.

1 Like

This guy definitely needs to be a candidate.

Unfortunately, I’m not coming confident Pez will make the right choice.

1 Like

Ceaser may be the best player on the the team, but i still struggle with what he said in the offseason and post Rice. Said they didn’t meet last year’s expectations because they overlooked teams they didn’t consider on their level and didn’t work like they should for them. A game or 2 like that is bad enough, but several games over a season? Then don’t learn the lesson and do the same for Rice?

Maybe he was speaking for the team and not neccesarily himself. After all he had 2 sacks and 7 tackles vs Rice. But that’s still troubling talk.

He’s got next-level energy. Watching him push through a tackle and a center laterally to stop the 4th down was Oliver-esque.

2 Likes