Coaching carousel

There will likely never be another Bill Yeoman.

Call me crazy but always wanting more money just to make more money will make one never satisfied.

I don’t know about anyone else but sometimes it’s just about getting some satisfaction.

2 Likes

Maybe she changed her story to try to save face once she realized he was going to lose his job at Texas over it. None of us know what really happened and he shouldn’t have even put himself in that situation in the first place.

I mostly agree. However, some of these days coaching moves can come with insane raises. Would CBY have turned down a 30M raise to go to A&M.

I much as I love UH and hate A&M, I couldn’t turn that down.

Rupp Rafters is in shambles rn :sob::sob:

7 Likes

Oof. :laughing:

4 Likes

I hate my life.

11 Likes

That sucks for you guys for sure.

1 Like

Shudda been Otz. He would’ve built a team full of dawgs. Not sure if he was even considered. Oh well… better than Cal.

2 Likes

Well Otz has an $18M buyout.

1 Like

I don’t have time to read it, but I’m sure Mark Madsen and Burgess are calls one and two

3 Likes

Yep those are the top two.

Cal might have high buyout for BYU and Stanford.

K.C. Beard, Houston Assistant Is LDS
Fueger is BYU assistant wild card and only non-LDS.

1 Like

@BYUcougarfan my choice would be Chris Burgess.

I’ve heard him talk ball. Smart dude

1 Like

True but ark saved them 33mm on cal’s buyout, and rumors were 8 yrs 100mm for Hurley. I think Otz would’ve been worth the buyout but anything is better than cal and I guess can load savings into nil

There is always peer pressure to keep setting the salary bar higher for the profession. That is true for coaches and athletes. Every record salary sets the market for the contracts that follow.

Rupp Rafters sure is losing it… two separate threads with ADs phone number. Trying to get people to pull an ag-on-stoops level overthrow of the hire

2 Likes

He is a Ute alum, and they will probably be firing their coach soon. I could see him holding out for that job.

Kentucky fans seem excited for pope haha

5 Likes

I have one thing to say to the new coaches at Kentucky and Arkansas: “Keep you hands off UH Assistant Coaches.”

1 Like