Coaching carousel

I don’t think it’s ridiculous. Prove you are a great coach in two years making millions or move on.

Will Wade would be awesome! After keeping Jank until the end of his contract, I’m surprised that Miller (big donor) would pull the trigger after just two years. Recruiting class wasn’t particularly strong. SMU was strong until its trip to Florida where they played USF and FAU. Then they lost to UTSA at home. Bad loss. At UAB wasn’t a bad loss but then Temple tore through the AAC tourney.

Guess we should’ve moved on from CKS in year 2.

2 Likes

Why? Cause the records are similar? I remember evereyone around here being pretty stoked about Samson after year two.

1 Like

@olutrain things have changed with the portal

Sampsons rebuild would’ve been much quicker if he had the portal.

Year 2 of Lanier, they lost to UTSA (KenPom 253) at home on March 2nd. And UTSA sucked.

Then lost to terrible Temple in the conference tournament. Those 2 Ls, may have been the nails in the coffin.

I don’t think its fair to Lanier. Alot of coaches are getting at least 3+ years to prove themselves

But, if its Will Wade, its a great move.

She’s disgusting.

1 Like

smu makes no sense unless there is already an elite hire who has already agreed… like will wade

Moving to the ACC they have to make the most of it

Yeah, they held service on a restaurant table and then sent the order back.

It’s a bad look all around to can a coach that was moving the program in the right direction even if there were a couple bad losses. It’s part of the process and it shows that they might not have the patience or the wherewithal to shepherd a program from mediocre to decent to good.

1 Like

SMU Hoop HC pays over $3 million?

Pastner an interesting idea.

FAU coach just took the Michigan gig.

3 Likes

5 years from now you’ll catch him at Cal-POLY.

1 Like

If he gets some NIL and they leave him alone, May will win at Michigan. He made the Final Four and two tournaments at FAU!!! They play in a high school gym!

Solid hire for West Virginia.

His record at Drake

3 Likes

I would take the USF coach

@coogofsteel from what i was hearing they were interested in Mark Byington (JMU), Dustin Kerns (App State), Niko Medved (Colorado St)

I like Abdur-Rahim, but the Big 12 is a beast. And, you also have to be familiar with that recruiting base.

Abdur-Rahim, has worked at Texas A&M, Georgia, Kennesaw State, and USF. His recruiting footprint is the southeast

1 Like

Laugh Lol GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Former SMU coach Rob Lanier hired by Rice

3 Likes

Rob who?