Jerry Stackhouse OUT at Vanderbilt

1 Like

Mike Davis after 1-31 year at Detroit Mercy is out

Dang, should have just stayed at TSU lol

3 Likes

“Perfect for the NIL era.”

Is that a reference to his recruiting days? :thinking:

3 Likes

I agree with this, and it’s why I think Scott Drew would be crazy to leave what he has. Chris Mack was doing fine until covid hit then got fired mid-season the next year. Drew would have to be off the charts bad for a while at Baylor to lose that job. At this point in his career for Drew, it’s like Sampson always says: Don’t mess with happy.

2 Likes

Drew definitely shouldn’t take it unless he is bored and wants a new challenge but he will get a statue at Baylor and will go down as there greatest coach.

1 Like

Louisville is a great job but Scott Drew should give Chris Mack a call before taking the offer

Chris Mack had Xavier rolling and made the tournament 8 out of the 9 seasons he was there. In 2018 he takes the Louisville job and basically resigns by 2021

1 Like

Maybe Drew wants the freedom to say “damn” or “Hell” every once in a while. Or, maybe he wants to dance!

3 Likes

He definitely doesn’t.

1 Like

About time.

He got greedy and stated flirting with jobs that made no sense hoping to get more money and they called his bluff

Only got Detroit cause he was friends with the ex- AD and they overpaid for him He also used his son as a pawn in the process and it backfired tremendously

His son at TSU with what Davis could already recruit would’ve been deadly but never saw it

TSU is a job you don’t leave unless your getting something that makes a whole lot of sense as it’s the second-best job in Houston and basketball is something fans look forward to

Definitely because you will have the resources and support to win but it’s a demanding job. Field of 68 guys were saying they won’t go after anybody with any sketchy issues in the past, i.e. Will Wade.

The Original Timmy Chan has the BEST post in the thread. +1.

1 Like

Some things never change.

2 Likes

He can dance if he wants to.
He can leave his Baylor team behind

1 Like

Haha! I went to a Baylor women’s game once and sat close enough to their bench to hear Kim Mulkey’s potty mouth. I don’t think that’s a standard at Baylor.

3 Likes

Louisville don’t dance, and if they don’t dance, well, they’re no friends of Drew.

3 Likes

Matt finally gets Josh to come to Houston!

6 Likes

Golden age of MTV

2 Likes

If Pastner could get a couple of the folks with money to invest with Rice basketball, no reason they couldn’t compete almost immediately, and he might be in line for a lower end high major job in 2-3 years