Christian McCaffrey Future HOF how good is he?

I can’t remember a player of his magnitude delivering the way he has. He has been injured in the past but notice how he has bounced back. Typically player’s stats go down especially at his position. He still has the same burst of speed that he has at Stanford. Truly remarkable.

3 Likes

Having seen play LT his entire career with the San Diego Chargers Christian is closest to LT.
BTW:
How often does your baby sitter end up being your NFL HC?

I remember when Carolina drafted him thinking, why would they take a 3rd down back so high? Not only did I not think he was an every down back, I never thought he was going to be this good. Reason #76 why I’m not an NFL talent evaluator.

3 Likes

With his father playing in the NFL and his mother also being an athlete, it was almost a guarantee.he would be able to play in the NFL. Same with his brother …

He is very smooth running the ball, can make defenders miss and is hard to tackle. He is easily the best RB currently in the league.

His speed burst is unreal for a back with that much mileage and injuries. He is very similar to LT. Loved LT.

I remember thinking Carolina is going to run him in to the ground the way they used him. He had 1000 yards rushing and receiving. You don’t see that too often.
In fact, only two other RBs have done it. Roger Craig and Marshall Faulk. Amazing.

2 Likes

Really? Marshall Faulk, LT, Tiki Barber, Roger Craig, Marcus Allen, Ricky Waters, Robert Smith, Adrian Peterson, and Chris Johnson immediately come to mind.

I am sure there are some others that I left off.

Apparently only three have done that in the same season.

strong textHIGHLIGHT: Christian McCaffrey makes history as third player with 1,000 rushing and receiving yards

I don’t know how he compares with other HOF running backs; but most HOF RBs were not nearly as multitalented and as gifted as McCaffery. It’s really hard to compare guys of different generations, different training regimens, different dietary programs, and different rules.

I honestly do not understand how he can still have that burst of speed after seven years or so in the league and with the injuries he got. The guy is truly amazing. Running wise our Tom Tellez would be proud. His sprinting technique is flawless.
I was really hoping that Mr. 110 MHurdles Nehemiah would have an HOF career but he did not.