Case Keenum's NFL Journey

Anyone seen the most latest depth chart on the browns website?! We’re only one week away from week one of the season, and Case isn’t even listed! Is this just a delay?? He seems to have done well in training camp.

I think that’s last year’s roster.

Quarterback (2) – Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum

Cleveland Browns training camp, September 2, 2020

Cleveland Browns quarterbacks Baker Mayfield (R) and Case Keenum work together on passes during training camp, September 2, 2020, in Berea.John Kuntz, cleveland.com

4 Likes

I read about the Browns’ intrasquad scrimmage the other day. Baker Mayfield and 1st Team Offense vs. 2nd Team Defense. Case Keenum and 2nd Team Offense vs. 1st Team Defense.

Keenum’s squad won 14-10.

I love Case Keenum. He’s always the underdog, almost never brought in to be QB1, and yet he’s ended up starting everywhere he went. No he’s not Joe Mantegna :wink: but he’s had a hell of an NFL career for a guy with one scholarship offer out of high school.

For instance…Case is #171 on NFL’s all-time Passing TD’s list. #156 on all-time passing yards list. Less than 400 yds behind guys like Doug Flutie and Kordell Stewart. NFL Passing Yards Career Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

#42 on all-time passing yds/game list. Right in front of a guy named Joe Montana.

4 Likes