Can we beat Texas?

I have a hard time seeing it. UH will have to play their best game of the Dana era especially the defense which will have the tough task of containing the UT offense. UT will also need to play their worse game of the season.

UT seems to blow at least one game every year that they should easily win. We can hope it will happen next Saturday against us.

11 Likes

Do you REALLY think Coach Sark and UT players care what CDH said? Your giving CDH way more credit than he deserves with that comment.

1 Like

The coaches and players at UT probably don’t care what CDH said… they’ll probably look at us and say “it’ll be an easy win” & then we will
smash them in the mouth

my tinfoil theory is we’ve been sandbagging all year JUST for this game.

4 Likes

Can we? Yes, although very unlikely. I’m still thinking multiple TD loss is most likely

I mean crazier things have happened, but my money would go to a comfortable Texas win

I mean, FIU beat The U once

Yes.

1 Like

This is one of those games it’s personal. Records don’t matter. We win!

Well if all the U of H fans selling tickets to TU fans would not sell and attend the game with loud cheering etc., maybe we have a chance. But since so many U of H fair weather ticket holders are selling out to TU fans to make a profit, I will need to be extra loud. F U to U of H ticket holders not supporting our teams.

4 Likes

After the game yesterday, I believe anything is possible and I’m more up for the Texas game than I was before WVU. One thing about our UH team is they don’t quit.

That said, Texas is coming off a loss to OU. They’re going to take that anger off on whoever they play next.

1 Like

UT has bulletin board material. This game is likely over by halftime.

1 Like

UH doesn’t matchup to the Texas Oline or Dline.
I’ll be curious to what the spread is. Key for UH will be no huddle, quick passes, and extending drives on offense.
Texas 48 UH 13

1 Like

Id be ecstatic if even competitive in this game. I don’t think we’re going to be. I’ll be there though. It’s a historic game regardless.

We want Texas we want Texas we want Texas

As the kids day… we want all the smoke!

Lol you lost me at no huddle. :slightly_smiling_face:

We’d prob need to run the ball more than ever with short passes to get a first etc and burn clock to rest the def and shorten the game so Texas has less scoring opportunities.

Here’s how I see it. UH OL overmatched against UT DL. Running game initially ineffective. Smith has no time to throw. UH tries short release passes to offset DL rush, UT knows that and UH blanketed first 5-10 yards. Smith can loosen up the D with bootlegs and run/pass options downfield. Receivers, and that includes the TE, Dana, can be the stars of the show.

UH D has not demonstrated that they can stop UT.
UT could beat themselves by coughing the ball up multiple times.

UT 49
UH 17

But what do I know?

2 Likes