BOOM! Zykeius Strong #1 JUCO Pass Rush DE

I love the talent that we’re starting to acquire on defense. We’ve seen first hand while a high powered offense is fun to watch, championships are always won on the other side of the ball. We’re really starting to build talent so we can be competitive when we land in the big 12.

6 Likes

When Houston kids get drafted regularly, other players take notice.

As much as any, Grant, Peyton & Logan will do more than anyone to change the recruiting paradigm. None were highly recruited and, yet, developed into NFL players at UH…

15 Likes

What’s funny is if the adage that the big 12 doesn’t play defense continues to be true, and we go against that by having a great defense, we could dominate the conference.

7 Likes

The Big 12 this past season was a defensive league, at least at the top (Baylor and Oklahoma State).

7 Likes

Any one that saw Baylor play would disagree I believe

Ya that’s why I said it was an adage. As most would argue that Baylor typically has a great offense and a mediocre defense. If anything this years Baylor team should have been the model for any that wanted to dominate the big 12 in the past.

Quality and depth is the key for ANY successful program. So far in this off season our recruiting has been outstanding. What is mostly impressive to me is how and why we are recruiting these new U of H football players. This is one thing to evaluate your needs. It is another to to find the right players. Time will tell on how good this recruiting season will be.

Their head coach is a D type of guy.