BOOM! Zykeius Strong #1 JUCO Pass Rush DE

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/248238/zykeius-strong

https://247sports.com/Player/Zykeius-Strong-46099024/

https://mobile.twitter.com/Zystrong98

16 Likes

Did he commit? Looks like we’ve only offered him…

Edit: I see the hard commit on 247

1 Like

Definitely committed on Twitter.

As I said, #1 ranked JUCO DE on 247 with several P5 offers.

Can you say………BADASS!!!

13 Likes

6’.6", 235 lbs, notice how quick he is. We have needed another D.E. with this type of speed and athleticism for many seasons. This is a great addition. I would like to see more safeties now.

Our recruiting has been right on point. I am impressed on how we are responding to our needs. Easy to say hard to recruit for.

8 Likes

Bigger than 235.

The sites I posted list 255 and 260, respectively.

4 Likes

That is even better. I am impressed by his mobility. Terrific burst.

3 Likes

Nice post Law !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

Law, that is an Alabama size DE ! Unbelievable human being !
Go Zyk !
Go Coogs !

6 Likes

Chris, with all due respect. The Coogs have had 2 of these exact DE the last 5+ yrs that u wish they had. Peyton Turner – 6’ 6" – 275-- 1st rd NFL Draft, Logan Hall-- 6’ 6"-- 265-- projected no later than NFL 2nd rd–2022. B4 that was Bowser, although a LB, he would line up as edge rusher. 5th yr NFL – starter. Just a few there. Current Coog Derek Parish fits the bill also as edge rusher who causes havoc in the backfield , just doesn’t have the ht, wt as the others I mentioned.
My point is IMHO they have had these on Roster here recently. #GoCoogs

13 Likes

Let’s gooo. D gonna be strong again!

3 Likes

You can never have enough pass rusher, olineman and corners in football. Great pickup!

7 Likes

The one area where we haven’t yet gotten anyone from the Portal is, along with WR, probably our biggest need—offensive line.

2 Likes

What is it that you do not understand?
A dominating team has depth. This addition is key.
Get it now?

1 Like

How many safeties do we need? Everyone is back. And Mark Wilson will be ready to play this year after the ACL injury last offseason.

1 Like

I understand alot Chris. Just responded on how I read your post. Good day.

Edit: I could go more detail on what/how you posted but no need.

1 Like

Good question. Recap when we had defensive issues? We got “burned” way too many times to just be a coincidence. We have to improve in this area. There is no doubt in my mind that the Auburn QB was a major issue into Auburn losing this game. We won the game and that what matters. Having many does not mean you dominate. We all have to understand that we have to build depth. This is make is going to make us better both on offense and defense…Let’s not forget special teams either. Competition within the squad makes us better. This is valid for all levels.

1 Like

I remember first seeing Parish on the field. Definitely stood out to me as a disruptive, all-effort kinda player. Sometimes I wonder how much better (and faster) players like him, Grant Stuard, Marques Stevenson & a few others would have developed with coaching stability.

6 Likes

Correct with Bo Nix we don’t win the game he would have made many of those throws

1 Like

Not so sure about that…… I know at one point Nix was benched in favor of Finley….Finley was also at QB when Auburn lost in OT to Alabama….

I’d argue that Belk had our defense prepared and ready to compete which they did….Coogs defense was outstanding and it was not because Nix was not on the field.

13 Likes

Great point!

1 Like