Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

Pretty isn’t it. They fit right in.
:wink:

3 Likes

Law out in front. Sukie in vehicle

1 Like

No judge is going to let the PAC2 keep all of the $400M that the other 10 helped to earn this school cycle. Although the 10 does not have a vote, I assume they will negotiate eith tge PAC2 on a reasonable settlement.

If it isn’t reasonable, I’m sure Washington will make complaints to the judge.

If you like a full day of CFB = its great.

Think they can get near AAC $ down the line ?

A tremendous amount of late games in that inventory.
Peacock or similar could feature it.

That set up makes sense to add a few CUSA teams and possibly move up some FCS.

Can’t see double figures millions vs the rest in the final accounting of non tangible things.

Selling their sole ownership of PAC Network is where the $ could really count.
A turn key sports network and all its assets doesn’t come up for sale often.

If that is how the contract works for the conference, on what grounds would a judge deny it - The other schools were stupid for all leaving at different times so they should not be held responsible?

Weren’t you going on and on about travel costs when it came to USC and UCLA? How would that not be a factor for WVU and UC in the Big 12 vs ACC? If the ACC is no greater value income wise, then they would still make a fortune in travel savings.

This map has what looks like a fun conference. Fairly regional, no super entitled schools (maybe Boise a little), good locations, not huge money to distract from the teams.

Too bad money has made the upper level conferences such a pain to deal with off the field.

4 Likes

Not THAT much.

No school is going to willingly go to a lower paying conference.

The ACC might be attractive to them if their blue bloods were still there.

But as soon as they leave, the ACC would be a DEMOTION.

1 Like

https://x.com/247Sports/status/1725205426549961078?s=20
I wouldn’t be surprised if he left since he didn’t sign up to be in a G5.

Hopefully they can hold on to their players once the transfer portal opens. Most of them signed up to play in the Pac-12 and against P5 teams.

The next 2 years is not going to be what they signed up for, playing a G5 schedule.

1 Like

UCLA makes alot of sense. A mean 2 deep bringing some OR State guys.
UCLA paying millions in “Calimony” from B10 check propping up Cal-Berk AD might make it tough.

OR State will be an awesome G5 job for someone.
They did a FB build out but w very manageable debt.

And if he goes to UCLA, he’s taking his QB.

1 Like

How much are you estimating? Both for the drop in revenue below Big 12 levels and cost of travel for Big 12 vs ACC?

Significant.

Remember.

When the PAC lost USC and UCLA, they lost about 40% of their media value according to some reports.

Imagine how much media value the ACC would likewise lose with no blue bloods.

How much did the Big 12 lose when they lost their ONLY two blue bloods - Texas & Oklahoma?

I think 50% was the initial estimate.

How did that work out for the Big 12?

The ACC will be just fine if Clemson and Florida State leave…no other school is that significant

1 Like

At least four schools want to leave. We, not us but college football is on the two super league express lane. It is becoming more obvious every six months or so.

1 Like

As I said, the Big 12 is the only conference that had P5 worthy brands available at the time of their blue blood revolt for expansion. That made up for the loss.

The PAC, by contrast, didn’t, (the Big 12 had taken them all) and collapsed as a result.

The ACC doesn’t, which means that while it may not collapse, it won’t have significant value in its future non-blue blood form. SMU will be stuck in that devalued conference with no money to show for it. Hardly a “brilliant” move.

The brands you suggested they expand with are four of the 25 worst in college football. All small and valueless. All weak on historical success, fan bases, etc.

UConn wasn’t even AAC worthy, much less P5 worthy.

Adding them will create AAC 2.0, and that’s where SMU would likewise be. Again…completely NON-brilliant.

That’s been explained to you several times before.

With all due respect, I’m not sure why you and only maybe one or two other people are the only ones here lacking the sense to “get” that.

May I ask why you keep asking the same questions, all of which have the same patently obvious answers, answers which you seemingly haven’t been comprehending?

If the PAC couldn’t do what the Big 12 did post blue blood departure, then what makes you think that the ACC will be able to?

still waiting for the ACC “to implode” a la the PAC…another hour, another day, another week, another month and those lawyers still haven’t been able to find that darn fine print to get them out of that pesky GOR…despite them working 24/7 at trying to find something.

Meanwhile the ACC sticks to the 3 “screaming the loudest” by expanding making it even harder for them to leave…and if they do…the remaining ACC schools will be paid BIG TIME!

I’ll wait and check back in with your next Friday…but I’m pretty sure nothing will have happened by then.

It’ll be within a matter of 2-5 years, I’m guessing.

As I said….STAY TUNED!!!

And for the travel costs for comparison? Based your earlier post that would also be significant.

Edit: I forgot to ask. Significant drop from their current contract or market value? The current contract is well below market value now, which is why some schools want to leave. A significant drop from fair market value could put them near Big 12 value.

1 Like

1 Like