Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

That is a crazy take and it seems like the industry veteran 100% disagrees with you.

If I’m UTAH I’m praying to the realignment gods that Oregon and Washington somehow some way squeeze their way into the Big10. That way i move up the list of best of the rest to maybe 2B and try to prove to Big12 presidents and Yorkman why we’re a better option than ASU. Because ASU might get lucky and their big brother might help bring them to the party ahead of Utah at this point

I always thought it would be the four corners:

AZ
AZ St
CU
UT

Also make for geographic sense for so many. Not to mention the ever expanding number of eyeballs!

1 Like

I didn’t realize that USC was arguing against adding Oregon and Washington.

That changes things.

2 Likes

This is new to me as well

I thought that as well, but things change and other things fail to materialize. I would gladly replace Utah and Arizona State with Oregon and Washington. I would take Ore St over Az St if it meant getting Oregon, Same with Wash St. if it meant getting the Huskies.

I think there are so many balls in the air that no one knows how they will ultimately fall, but I think Yormack will get us the best grouping he can.

2 Likes

They don’t want to compete against recruiting i would guess.

1 Like

It makes sense that USC wants to dominate the whole West coast and persuade recruits to go play in the Big 10. UCLA won’t give them competition like Oregon and Washington would in football so I can definitely see USC not wanting anymore expansion

1 Like
8 Likes

I haven’t heard the USC/UCLA opposition story.

But this has been out there a LONG time.

Quote: "After the anxiety caused last week regarding further Big Ten expansion, industry sources have indicated the Big Ten is no longer as interested in adding California, Oregon, Stanford and Washington. Rightsholders were balking at paying the same amount for those schools as the 16 Big Ten schools going forward ($80 million-$100 million).

“While those four programs may eventually have options, the Big Ten is concentrating on its new deal in 2023 while trying to lure Notre Dame, which has an open invitation. More and more stakeholders now believe the Fighting Irish will ultimately stay independent.”

Those other PAC schools simply aren’t big enough brands to bring in any additional dough.

We’d happily welcome Washington and Oregon into the Big 12 though.

Reel 'em in!!!

3 Likes

I can’t watch that scene from the Shining without thinking someone really did have to spend a lot of time typing all of that out.

2 Likes

That movie was filmed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park which is near Boulder Colorado :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

But how many CA recruits would they get if the LA schools are playing in B10?

Actually it was inspired by Stephen Kings stay at the Stanley Hotel but was filmed at the Timberline Lodge in Oregon.
We did the Shining tour at Estes Park and learned all the history.

3 Likes

that article is a year old
that’s forever and a day in realignment terms

1 Like

Yeah I went on the Shining tour as well. I remember them saying that. It’s a great place for a road game

1 Like

If Oregon and UW were to join the B12 while UA unable leave their brother ASU behind, who do y’all prefer to add as #16?

Oregon St
WSU
Uconn

Screw the Utes.

1 Like

I agree NO UConn. Don’t add a non-P5.

Utah
as I said elsewhere
'eff em!

I’d go with Wazzu over Oregon State.

2 Likes

Anyone notice how quiet big12 presidents and ADs are. Not a peep. I think another Pac12 school is going to jump here shortly.

Yormack said they have a plan and they are following the footprint. One at a time.

My Big 12 add desirability Tiers:
Tier 1 - Arizona, Oregon, and Washington
Tier 2 - Utah
Tier 3 - Oregon State, Arizona State, Washington State, UConn, SDSU
Tier 4 - Memphis

1 Like