Athletic article on draft buzz inc Sasser and Walker

Marcus Sasser, 6-2 senior guard, Houston. “Love this kid. He has toughness, he has a scorer’s mentality, can score at all three levels. Being able to play point guard will be a determining factor for him, because he’s small at the two spot. Comes from a program that practices as hard as anybody, so he’s not afraid to work. He’s not, like, a jet athlete. He’s gonna be in incredible shape, never gonna get tired. I don’t know if he can create much offensively outside of a stepback right now. He’s a first-round talent but people are afraid of his size.”

Jarace Walker, 6-8 freshman forward, Houston. “Great feel and a terrific passer. He can cause offensive mismatch problems because he can take bigs off the bounce and post up little guys. Has to continue to improve as a shooter. His position right now is a four but he may be able to play some three as he gets quicker. I thought he passed the ball well. I don’t see an all-star, but I see a starter down the road. There’s some worry about him not being an alpha type player.”

7 Likes

Work scheduled a meeting during the draft so I am heart broken.

2 Likes

It sounds like this unnamed scout and Sampson have been talking.

1 Like

Or he read Sampson’s comments on Twitter …

JWALK is going to be an all-star imo…

I saw the hesitancy to be the alpha last year but he was a true frosh playing for CKS on a team full of veterans…

2 Likes

I think he certainly has all-star potential.

3 Likes

They like JWalk at CBS.
“Everybody’s overthinking it with Jarace Walker”

“7. Jarace Walker
Thomas Bryant … but better (much, much better)”

Walker is probably a long ways from being an all star but he has great upside and will be a great teammate wherever he ends up.

1. Record

2. Remember to turn off alerts so it doesn’t ruin it for you.

I have to do it all the time.

2 Likes

I don’t know about an all-star, either, but I can definitely see him being a playoff series MVP.