Anthony Richardson is a better NFL QB Prospect than Bryce Young?

With so many NFL analysts concerned about Bryce Young’s slight stature and small frame despite his impressive talent wouldn’t Anthony Richardson be a better alternative for the Texans to pick in this year’s NFL draft? I mean, the more highlights of this kid I looked at the more I am impressed by not only his size and strength, but his speed, shiftiness, arm strength, and the accuracy of his throws! With many analysts talking about the Texans would probably have to trade at least a first round pick to the Bears just to move up one spot to get Bryce Young, because of the debacle created by that sorry coach Lovie Smith in winning that worthless last game in the season, wouldn’t it be better off for the Texans to keep all of their top picks and check out other prospects for their need at the QB position? Well, if that is the case there is no better prospect to consider than Anthony Richardson! Seriously, this kid has size (6’4" tall, 240lbs) and is oozing with athletic ability, running speed, and throwing accuracy! I think if the Texans elect to pick him instead of Bryce Young or CJ Stroud he could be there with that 12th pick overall. Then they could use that #2 pick to pick the best defensive player or to fulfill another need. Frankly, I think he is the best NFL prospect in this year’s draft, better than Bryce or CJ! Here are a couple of his highlights:

Here is another video of his highlights:

1 Like

And how is this related to U H ?

4 Likes

Seriously?

How? Football, that’s how!

Mel Kiper has Tune listed as #5 on his top 10 QB’s….

13 Likes

Really? Seriously? I hope he’s right! Good for Tune! Hopefully he makes it big in the NFL and makes himself loads of money!

2 Likes

Yeah, saw it on Twitter earlier….think Hooker was #6

Levis #1……don’t remember the order of Young and Stroud for 2 and 3….Richardson #4.

Kipper has a major b****er for Levis. Not sure what he is seeing; I have seen the man play and he looks like another Sam Darnold. We have all seen this movie and know how it ends.

Sometimes people overthink these things. If you have a chance to pick Young or Stroud, pick them. I prefer Stroud but I can see why Young is so attractive. His size does give me concern.

If you are not going to draft a QB, then try and trade for one. Maybe LJ? Carr?

Thing about drafting for a big time defensive player this year is that apparently this draft is not deep on the defense, especially D lineman. I think you have the dude Jalen Carter from UGA (Bears probably taking him) and the guy from Bama, but everyone else is meh. Even they are not much. There is no Aidan Hutchinson, Micah Parsons, Thibadaux, Bosa or Chase Young in this draft.

And connect it to Kevin Bacon. Go.

Levis at #1? Well, that explains why Mel is more often wrong than right! Hooker is a good QB as well!

"Hooker"is being investigated on at the moment.
So stay “Tune” !

Edit: To make it worse , ’ Hooker’ appeared to be very “Young” n was wearing cut-off. “Levis” .

Ok I’ll see myself out now.
Good day!!

2 Likes

If Bryce Young was 2” taller and 20 lbs heavier, we’re talking generational talent. You simply can’t dismiss his field vision and ability to throw guys open. He also worked in Bill O’Brien’s system. Say what you want about BoB as a head coach (he was not bad actually) and GM, but there is no denying that he is a mastermind at running an offense.

When I see all the issue Tua is going through with his concussions, I don’t believe it’s worth the risk to take BY at 2.

I’m in the camp of signing Jimmy G on 3 year deal and trading the #2 back to get more picks. Draft a DT, Edge and WR for first three picks and take a flyer on Hooker, Tune, or Dugan in the mid rounds.

If Richardson falls to late 20s in the 1st then trade up to grab him. Don’t overreach for a QB. We see it almost every year.

For me Bryce Young is special. Don’t over think it and draft the guy. Whoever has a chance to draft him.

BOB was a terrible head coach on the level of Helton, Dimel, Applewhite, Lovie, etc. He was even worse at talent evaluation.

He was about to get run at Alabama so he jumped back to New England. Let’s see how he does with Mac and Zappe. I’m guessing he doesn’t change their fortunes much.

2 Likes

If I was the Texans GM, I would select high probability all pros with the second pick, like Jalen Carter or Will Anderson Jr. Carter may go #1 unless the Bears trade the pick. I would address the Texans QB issue with a trade/free agency or the draft in later rounds. Tune and Dell are having good Senior Bowl practices and I would not rule out Tune in the third round or later. Trade Mills for a veteran, maybe Garapolo, and have him mentor Tune.

I would then get fired immediately by Cal McNair.

Funny. 5 out of his full 6 seasons were winning records.

I didn’t know that equated to being terrible. So according to your standards, Andy Reid is OK and Bill Belichik is decent.

As for your Alabama reference, Bama was ranked 3rd in points scored, 6th in yards per play, and 12th in yards per game nationally. I didn’t know it was BoB’s fault Tennessee hung 570 yards on them and Bama committed 80 yards worth of pass interference penalties. BoB coaches the DB’s? Who knew?

I think in this year’s draft it comes down to Bryce Young and Anthony Richardson being the two best QB’s even though everybody thinks CJ Stroud should be one of the two instead of Richardson. I think Richardson could be like Deshaun Watson, everybody is overlooking him despite his talent (Richardson’s game also reminds me of Watson, only he is bigger and stronger than Watson), but instead they over-evaluated things and placed a guy like Mitch Trubustsky over him! I think Richardson could be the guy that ends up being the best QB in the NFL out of all the QB prospects in this year’s draft. He has the talent to be a great NFL QB — even the size, strength, and toughness that you look for in an NFL QB. Bryce Young is equally talented, but he doesn’t have the size to be an ideal QB. We’ll see how it will turn out for these guys, but landing on the right team could not be underestimated on what kind of future they are going to have in the NFL!

52-48 lifetime, 2-4 in the playoffs.

Andy Reid and Bill Belichick have won in the playoffs and Superbowl. BOB has done neither, not even close. Outside of New England, BOB coached teams have not won a dam thing.

Alabama Offensive Stats
2019: Passing 342.2 Rushing 168.7 Points 47.2 (Sark)
2020: Passing 358.2 Rushing 183.6 Points 48.5 (Sark)
2021: Passing 338.2 Rushing 150.1 Points 39.9 (BOB)
2022: Passing 281.5 Rushing 195.5 Points 41.1 (BOB)

You’re right, Alabama’s offense was on an upward trajectory under the great BOB. BOB is a mediocre coach that got rich off of Tom Brady’s talent and a viral youtube moment. Texas should fire Sarkisian immediately and hire BOB.

So you admit he wasn’t a terrible coach. Got it.

Wouldn’t that be great for the Coogs! We could play against a BOB-led team in 2023! Maybe then we could embarrass the Bonghorns in a big way! Killing two birds with one stone — annihilate and embarrass the Bonghorns and BOB at the same time! Revenge against the Bonghorns for what they did to us and revenge for what BOB did to the Texans!