2025 Offers

Where is Joprior?
Haven’t seen him on here for awhile.

Had enough of the few trolls and took a break.

3 Likes

He’s cheating on us with Cougar Digest

1 Like

That’s a good thought that I didn’t realize. Thanks

:writing_hand::writing_hand::writing_hand:

Flemings, Clark & Adams would be a MONSTER class.

1 Like

It might not be an official visit, but FWIW Shelton Henderson was at the exhibition game at FC a couple weeks back. He sat courtside underneath the basket closer to the visitor locker room. He stayed for the whole game and talked to both CKS (during the game) and Kellen after.

6 Likes

And Law Firm.

4 Likes

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/article/sebastian-williams-adams-st-johns-kansas-texas-tennessee-texas-am-214429163/

Doesn’t sound like Williams-Adams is interested…

Not until we get the NIL money most of the big time recruits are going elsewhere

1 Like

I agree to a point but we can’t be so dependent on NIL….putting guys in the league is a pretty good selling point IMO.

Also, I keep reading how we can’t compete $$$ wise….can some link an article or have concrete data on our NIL money compared to others?

The only solid point is one interview CKS basically said we have to work with what we have NIL wise.

I wish we knew just how much NIL played a part for some recruits vs relationship and fit.

3 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately these high 4 star/5 stars have very high expectations

Give me the best “collegiate experience” for a year before i jump to the NBA

NIL, facilities, marketing = we’re gonna lose in these recruiting battles for top 25 recruits

Jarace was a unique 5 star. And Arceneaux was a local kid. So, maybe we can’t land top 40 recruits yet consistently

What the heck does the article even say… Its behind a pay wall. Context would help a lot :thinking::roll_eyes:

1. Im not worried about a wing as much as pg or Center.
  2. Maybe coach has someone else he has targeted. Kinda like Nic Codie over Robert Miller in the '24 class.
  3. Maybe he just doesn’t fit the system or culture that well.

This coaching staff is great on identifying who may be a bit overrated bout time they graduate and on who may rise up in the rankings. Theyre keen with a great eye for talent.

1 Like

Williams-Adams is local as well.

True. But UH has tons of options if they dont want to come here.

Plus rankings are OVERRATED… When it comes to underclassmen who are two years away. Some of them just dont continue to develop as 5 stars and some 3 stars develop into 4 and 5 stars. I wouldnt sweat it just because theyre local. Is who wears that Houston jersey at the end.

I trust coach Sampson. If it was Dana I would be more perturbed.

1 Like

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/article/darius-acuff-michigan-img-kentucky-houston-alabama-kansas-214986215/

Houston : “I love the way Kelvin Sampson coaches his guards. He lets them play their game but always keeps it real with them. They are also always in the conversation for being the No. 1 ranked team in the country.”

6 Likes

Lol I was just looking at this dude on 247 and thought we didn’t have a chance. Only thing I know about him is that he averaged a little over 20ppg playing up in 17U EYBL

Sounds positive!!!

Would be Jarace Walkesque if coach pulls it off. UH does need a pg for next year. Maybe he can reclassified.

Him moving away from Michigan and transferring to IMG Academy doesn’t hurt either.

2 Likes

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/article/shelton-henderson-bellaire-houston-texas-arkansas-lsu-tech-216129984/

Local Bellaire product

5 Likes

Hey Jarace, I think Acuff needs a call…