2024 NCAA Tournament thread

That’s his dream “Homer” pick

Went to North Carolina
Played for the Houston Rockets

4 Likes

Seth Greenberg just now, 'Bama’s defense was the difference. They had a great game plan and set the tempo". They gave up EIGHTY-SEVEN points!!

3 Likes

At the end, their defense was the difference.

They scored and stopped unc from scoring multiple times.

1 Like

Again they gave up eighty-seven points!!

Their Defensive game plan wasn’t the difference nor did it set the tempo of the game. Ok they made a few stops at the end…great. Nobody is mistaking Bama as a good Defensive team.

1 Like

I’m not conceding anything to Connecticut. Lets play the game and see who is better.

3 Likes

I mean arguably the difference was the Illinois defense they haven’t played D basically all year and last night they actually played defense and caused ISU fits.

UH gave up 86 points to A&M in regulation and 95 total points.

If you equally apply your logic to UH, the Coogs aren’t a good defensive team.

How much of that was a product of foul trouble?

1 Like

Hasn’t been a great showing for the conference

Big 12 needs 4 more wins to meet expectations.

Just sayin’.

10 Likes

I do think that Purdue could give UConn problems because Edey is better than Clingan. Not saying Purdue wins, but it won’t be a cake walk. Can’t teach height.

1 Like

We will never know though since the two wont play againt his year

1 Like

I hope not. I have Gonzaga in the F4 in my bracket!! :wink:

I’m ready to See Newton vs. $head!

2 Likes

But it also just fundamentally misconstrues what Seth is saying. He’s not even saying that Alabama is great defensively or that they played great defensively all game. He’s just saying that Bama’s defense came up big in the end and that’s what made the difference to win a tight game.

1 Like

Yeah, I was actually impressed with Bama’s defense in the final 3 minutes, but equally unimpressed with Carolina going to RJ hero ball for their offense.

The ball movement in the first half by UNC was nothing short of spectacular.

1 Like

UConn went through SD State like crap through a goose. They are a very good team and to beat them will take an all out effort from every player we put out there if we make it that far. If we win the whole shooting match, it will be beyond a major accomplishment with the injuries and walking wounded we have.

If UConn hits all their shots they are safe from Houston. But if you don’t and there are a lot of 50/50 balls. Good luck, that floor is hard and the guy diving for the ball is harder.

You got to make a decision about whether it is worth it.

We’re 8-4 against UConn all time, 7-2 in the American.

That’s one advantage to being shorter, we are closer to the floor when diving for balls. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes