2024 NCAA Tournament thread

I am not a big watcher of college basketball and built a bracket in 15 minutes using an article about using the Kenpom rankings to pick your bracket. I went 24/32 in round 1, 13/16 in round 2. I am ranked 44334 in the 99% percentile on the NCAA bracket challenge. May have been better, but I picked too many Big12 teams to not suck.

4 Likes

I do not want the favorite moniker. I want to be disrespected til the cows come home. We do better.

1 Like

Yeah. Big 12 bias kicked my butt. For some dumbass reason I had Texas, Baylor, and BYU in Sweet 16. if I had picked like I normally do I would have only missed the Baylor pick.

3 Likes

I had Texas losing where they did, but I had BYU to the Sweet 16, Tech to the Elite 8 and Baylor to the national championship game. My second round bracket is perfect beyond those three.

1 Like
2 Likes

someone needs to make an “other games sweet 16” thread

not it!

“plenty of future NBA Draft picks still playing in the NCAA Tournament”
10. Jamal Shead PG

Big Board ranking: 39

“Keys for Duke:Rebounding and toughness”

Who ya got tonight?

• Illinois
  • Iowa St.
0 voters
1 Like

Illinois is a bad matchup for Iowa State and Uh as well. I kind of wanted to see how we would play defense against Illinois but I guess we’ll get to see with Iowa State playing without the added stress too lol

1 Like

neither Clemson nor Arizona look special so far

Yea it’s going to be interesting. I can’t really get a gauge on Illinois as they have had some head scratchers on their games. They allow their opponents to score 85 plus in a lot of games but I really think ISU keeps them under 75 tonight. I hope I am right and want the game to be like 81-72 ISU

2 Likes

Typical AZ. Goofy defense.

In regards to NCst, I’m with Mump. I don’t want to play a team with a thundering big man. The exception might be AZ, because he can’t hit the broad side of a barn

UNC falls to Bama! First #1 seed to fall.

2 Likes

Bama, Clemson and Illinois cannot win it all IMO. Even if one of them wins the next two games.

So either our side of the bracket wins it all, or UConn repeats.

1 Like

This is where we really miss guys like TA and especially Tugler. Both can rebound and Tugler has great shot-blocking ability.

2 Likes

I’m afraid UCONN is going to repeat they are stout

I mean I’m not rooting for UConn. But if they won I’d feel the least bad about it, it would be one of the rarer cases of arguably the best team all year winning the tournament. But the same goes for us and Purdue, anyone else is not ok.

Can’t believe Illinois beat ISU!!!

3 Likes

Kenny “The Jet” Smith had UNC vs UH in the Finals.

5 Likes