2024 Houston Cougar Basketball offseason

2 legends. Bow down

2 Likes

Got an email about this Coogs on the road. Coming to DFW on a Monday but 6-8p is doable. Anyone planning to go? Registration required.

2 Likes

I’m going to the Landrys one.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/kellenmsampson/status/1782443485003501762

Tugler update

9 Likes

Taco, can you reprint this bigger. I have not seen it for DFW coogs.

1 Like

Hopefully this link works.

https://clk.uhcougars.com/e/es?s=697615&e=12554&elqTrackId=efd74c1a1b7a40299e524d6e5aa03bea&elq=01fb1d4473144051829574d646405d8f&elqaid=806&elqat=1

That’s 4 B12 teams in top 10 (with UH and KU 1 & 2) and 2 more in top 25.

I love this CKS quote from one of the X posts above, “If you’re planning for two or three years down the road in this business, you’re in the wrong business. I’m excited about our team next year. I’m excited our staff will be back together again."

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/PaulBiancardi/status/1782770062430028160

The Final ESPN 100 player rankings for the class of 2024:

*Mercy Miller #68

*Chase Mccarty: outside Top 100

6 Likes

I don’t understand why Mercy isn’t a consensus top 50 player based off his skill level and production. I know he isn’t a dynamic athlete but he has been under ranked imo

5 Likes

I agree Jcoop.

I’ve seen quite a few of his games this past year and I find it hard to believe that he’s not rated better. Then again all that really matters is Sampson’s evaluation of the kid. Look what Sampson and his staff did with Sasser who wasn’t on any of these top 100 or top 150 lists.

2 Likes

I don’t recall either Otis Birdsong or Larry Bird being considered a dynamic athlete coming out of HS.

1 Like

Xavier is looking like a top 15-20 team so it wouldn’t be horrible.

2 Likes

Definitely a solid Q1 game…

1 Like

We got Butler at home…

1 Like

Horrible :weary: downgrade… we’re getting a BE bottom feeder

Looking at the schedule. All the original B12 teams were given the best matchups, well except Tech and WVU. I would’ve thought TV would’ve driven the matchups but it is clearly deference to the OG Big12 teams. The 4 new teams got completely locked out too.

2 Likes

@Hill suprised Arizona didnt get a matchup

Okay if you wanna give Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State the best games, fine.

But, why didnt we get one of:

*St Johns
*Xavier
*Providence
*Seton Hall
*Villanova

Honestly, would’ve been okay with any of those teams

We gotta give Houston a home game…which Big East team do we wanna throw to the wolves…Butler.

The 1st 3 went to legacy B12 teams, the next 2 were due home games. Our options were, Butler, Depaul, Georgetown.

I see. Georgetown will Ed Cooley, year 2.

And Malik Mack & Micah Peavy. Mightve been interesting

Butler has 2 transfers coming in so far. And (3) open roster spots. Hopefully they can build a decent team

I knew we weren’t going to get Uconn but I was really hoping for a home Marquette game. Oh well I don’t mind beating the snot out of Butler at home. Will likely not come close to Q1 but who cares in the big12.

Also Sampson hinted that a lot of P5 teams don’t want to come here and play lol. I love that

1 Like