2024 Houston Cougar Basketball offseason

Missi declaring for the pros. Sure hope for his sake he isn’t thinking the NBA is realistic. When we played them I cheered every time he got the ball in the paint.

5 Likes

Bill Self has it made. $9.6 million annual salary AND they let him take this year off!

2 Likes

I think most coaches in the Top 20 are really good at their jobs. What I don’t understand is the hubris of guys like Musselman and Penny that think they can turn 85% of the roster and bring in rentals to find success. College ball is about chemistry.

1 Like

And he can cheat in a way that gets the FBI involved and suffer no repercussions from the NCAA.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ChadELewis2/status/1780268753147531615?t=7JpQ0FT1Lf3Z_FZe1c9NgQ&s=19

TA putting in the work!

11 Likes

Going to be a special year for him, I still can’t believe he’s ok with coming back and being off back. Thats how you win a ring. With guys like this coming off bench. TA could have started for A LOT of P5 teams, but he cares more about winning and developing. This team is locked in!:fire:

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/ChrisYBaldwin/status/1780340296322077083?t=Z1uLnFnjJaL2rwus9v4Wfw&s=19

All Asst Coaches will return according to CKS.

9 Likes

200w (1)

1 Like

We have to capitalize this year. 11 of 13 back. All coaches back. You will never have this much experience AND talent returning at the same time. JCoop and I were talking about this earlier. Gotta capitalize. Pushing our chips to the center of the table.

22 Likes

Yup. Let’s go get it done and wreak some havoc.

It definitely has the feel of a "if not now, when?’ type of season next year

This board is going to go into a death spiral when we don’t win every OOC game by 20+ and lose some conference games.

I just want to go through a season without losing someone to a season-ending injury and see what we can do.

15 Likes

As has already been stated on other threads, this is Sampson’s greatest roster.

He literally has backups for the backups.

Only one Cougar team has ever gone undefeated during the regular season.

This could be the second, though our tough Conference makes that doubtful.

This is a Final Four roster. And the Final Four is in San Antonio.

Stars are aligning.:basketball:

7 Likes

We’re gonna be bound to take some losses but I expect/think we go 15-5 or better in conference

I just hope the injury bug cooperates with us for once late season ngl :pray:

1 Like

if this team gel’s as quickly as last years team did it would be huge.

no reason to believe it wont with 4 starters returning, but there’s a lot of fresh faces going to be getting minutes as well.

Yeah, this will take some time, and they won’t have the Australia trip to accelerate things.

I expect some learning curve without Shead but there is enough experience around Milos to win and be good enough. Very interested to see this team’s defense to start the season. I believe it will be very good.

Even more interested to see our rebounding. This team will be elite in this area.

3 Likes

Oh the malding will be next level. I’ll be chilling as the real season starts Selection Sunday lol

2 Likes

11 Likes