2023 Transfer Portal

He’s looking for a bigger NIL deal.

Is Jacob McFarland a 2024 play for us? We keep talking about a big man but have 6’11” center coming in this year.

Freshman and not a center, despite the height

4 Likes

I have been told he needs quite a bit of work and will be groomed as a 4….others can probably add to that if they want.

2 Likes

Pretty big news

Duke’s Kyle Filipowski announces he is returning to Duke next season.

Preseason No. 1 team (as of today)

— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) April 11, 2023
1 Like

I will bet my car that Duke does not win the National Championship next year.

4 Likes

Shedrick about to go there and take on the Lively role. Preseason #1 until we land our stretch 4 :sunglasses:

Too many freshman in the rotation in today’s climate. Ill go a step further and say Kentucky wont either.

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

LJ Cryer will help.

2 Likes

Any updates on that stretch 4 @Joprior23

1 Like

I am amazed that JWan would still be considered as a 5 after being exposed in the Miami game and struggled with a decent big throughout the season. I was hoping he would go back at the 4…

8 Likes

Agree. Hopefully the rumors of him shooting mid ranges and 3s are true and we pick up Tchewa or the Syracuse big from the portal

3 Likes

Come to Rick Patino and no takers so far.

https://mobile.twitter.com/247HSHoops/status/1645840263254769675

So many great, tall big men in the portal.

And we ain’t interested.

Josh Carlton had legit post moves and put up 11.6ppg & 6.2 rebs

Just give me an idea of what Javier Francis, will average next season

If its rebounds and rim protection only, :thinking:, most title contending teams have a 5 man who can score.

2021 Baylor is brought up, but they had some of the best guard play in 20 years. With Mitchell, Butler, Teague starting and Flagler off the bench

1 Like

Super athletic and nimble but also super skinny so needs time to bulk up. His HS film looks awesome when rim running or coming from off ball for a blocked shot but he got pushed around by thicker bigs in post.

1 Like

Good big men cost big time $$$ unfortunately

1 Like